Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just... crazy. Oh my God (violence, upsetting)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just... crazy. Oh my God (violence, upsetting)

I work in a clothing/home decor store situated within a large garden centre.

Includes violence and mental disability. It's witnessed, taking part in the garden centre.

A severely autistic (possibly) child of about 11 was being goaded by his mother and her friends/sisters/whoever. They were telling him to shut up, yanking him all directions, trying to get him to behave himself, but only agitating him further. They got to the tills. The child lashed out and started hitting his mother.

The asst. manager of the garden centre came rushing over to er 'help'. He just went up to the kid, all guns blazing and said, "Stop, why are you doing this? Why are you hitting your mum and making her cry?" So the kid turned on the spot and whacked him hard across the chest.

4 other staff members came rushing over and managed to get the situation under control in a flash, but asst. manager, while trying to be the hero, did completely the wrong thing and left the scene red-faced.

So it was sucky, WTFy AND management suck all rolled into one. I feel for that kid I do hope he's okay.

I've seen some truly awful parenting from people with kids who have autism or downs syndrome in my store, but nothing that actually set the kid off. I don't think many of these parents really understand how to deal with their kids correctly, I live in a pretty rural/poor/uneducated area. It's sad I bet the manager just didn't realize the kid had autism when he came upon the scene.
    Last edited by MelindaJoy77; 06-25-2014, 01:24 PM.
    Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter.

Comment

If that's their idea of handling autistic children then they clearly don't know the first thing about autism.

Comment

Just my opinion but I think that may have warranted a call to child protective services. If that's how they treat an autistic kid they should be in jail.

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
          Just my opinion but I think that may have warranted a call to child protective services. If that's how they treat an autistic kid they should be in jail.
          I agree. It's terrible how awful some parents are. I hope CPS was called.

Comment

Working...
          X