Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are worse ways of discovering you've forgotten to reset the clock. See here http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-changing.html

Short version: Irish bomber blew himself up after device went off too soon 'because he forgot to put his watch forward'

Comment

Quoth AngloSaxonViking View Post
      Short version: Irish bomber blew himself up after device went off too soon 'because he forgot to put his watch forward'
      I can't see how that would work. The bomb set it's own clock forward, but the bomber didn't?
      A mobile phone used as timer could be the answer, of course.

Comment

By the way, I know I'm American, but can I borrow "pillock" for a while? I've used all my best epithets and don't want to start on the backup list just yet.

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
          I can't see how that would work. The bomb set it's own clock forward, but the bomber didn't?
          Nope, bomb was set to go off at X, bomber's watch was reading x-1, so he thought he had another hour to place it..
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
            Nope, bomb was set to go off at X, bomber's watch was reading x-1, so he thought he had another hour to place it..
            And not only did they blow themselves to Kingdom Come, they earned the 1999 Darwin Award.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
              This was before mobile phones were cheap enough/readily available enough to be a command device.

It was very common indeed for the Irish to produce devices with switches labeled 'A', 'B' and 'C' or '1', '2' and '3' so switches were flicked in the right order as so many devices were initiated by their operators prior to this.
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth Ben_Who View Post
                By the way, I know I'm American, but can I borrow "pillock" for a while? I've used all my best epithets and don't want to start on the backup list just yet.
                I know this is a late reply but... yes, yes you can.
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                X