Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Staring at me isn't going to make them work.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staring at me isn't going to make them work.

Sunday was a usual shift, until this woman.

She's somewhat famous for using coupons for things she didn't even buy, expired coupons for the things she did buy, etc. This saga starts with her staring and screaming as I'm helping someone else (imagine an intense, crazed stare continuing through this whole thing).

She has two Catalina coupons which I recognize; we haven't offered them in a bit under a month. The store-issued ones expire quickly (a week at the most); the outside date for these was the 11th. These had rows of Xs instead of a date (issue with one of the printers); I happen to know the valid date range though. She starts in with "I no see date! No expire! I have these, they are good! I just get yesterday!" etc... The system won't scan them and I can't override it (well, in theory I could but she is not making me want to do anything for her). Then she starts in on how she already put some coupons in the box but they weren't taken off. I don't have the keys to open it, so need to track down someone who does. At this point my give-a-shit meter has broken and I have other legitimate problems to solve. She started this by acting like a chimp on speed and lays on the abuse? She can wait.

She follows my every move, ranting about "You no work! You no work anymore! You just walk!" (which she was doing the whole time I was trying to help)...yes, I walk, how did you expect me to find help for your ass?

Lather, rinse, repeat the above about four times. Then I get the manager in charge involved (after giving the desk a heads-up that she will come over and try to get expired coupons). As I'm looking through the coupon box she is trying to reach into it and even swings the door on my hand (luckily not hard; I had my knee propping it open).

One coupon that she has from a mailer goes through. She gets sent to the desk for the Catalinas (nothing either one of us can or wants to do for her on that) and I don't see what happens but she is standing blocking the exit poring over her receipt for a few minutes. I'm guessing she didn't get the cash, and is confused over the two entries that just list the department and coupon value.

P: "Why the hell haven't we banned her?"
    Me: "Dunno. Ask ASM2. As a private store we have the right to ban anyone if they cause enough trouble."
    J: "Our lives would be so much easier if we did."
    P: "That's probably why the powers that don't be don't do it."
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Ugggghhhhh.....people who like to get all crazy with using coupons drive me nuts. A few of them actually do this in an organized way and are really nice about it, but most of them will just hand me a stack of coupons and get all pissed when one doesn't work for some reason. Expired coupons, trying to use two coupons on the same item, only buying one instead of two as the coupon indicates, trying to buy a package of two (nope it has to be two separate items), etc, etc. Same with ad matching. I ad match every once in a while myself, but if you're going to do this on a regular basis with most of your items, you better be organized! With the ad matching, we have to do it exactly as the originating store would do it; we have to collect the coupon if it's a coupon, and it has to be the exact item, and if you have to buy two to get the price then you have to buy two, and so forth. If you don't pay attention to what you're doing and your purchase takes forever, all you do is piss off the cashier and the customers behind you.
    Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter.

Comment

We have a BOGO sale on the Perdue breaded chicken. Each package has a 75 cent coupon on it (which we double). I had a customer yesterday who wanted to use all four coupons on her purchase--the system would only allow two, as she was only paying for two.

ASM did it for her, meaning she paid eighty cents for four packs of chicken.

D: "Heyyy, thanks for cluing me in, ASM! Ima gonna load up the car with chicken nuggets right now!"

Comment

What gets me

I have seen a coupon lady as she placed items on the belt, she also placed the required coupon onto of the item it was for. And no the coupons did not slip off because she placed them properly.

Cashier did the run almost as fast as if it was just a cash sale.

It can be done right, even with a lot of coupons. It just is that no-one bothers.

Comment

I hate coupons, especially those ones which state that if you spend a set amount of money on clothing, hand that coupon over to the cashier when you do...you will get a 5/8/12 pence off per litre of fuel coupon. The amount of SCs that coupon creates is annoying. They are all created cuz people just won't read the fucking coupon correctly and assume that the original coupon, with its pictures of clothing items, is the fuel coupon. Then they expect us to take it anyway, even after we point out that it won't go thru our tils.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

We send out "spend X, get XXX extra gas points" coupons. Sometimes those will not scan correctly no matter what; as the coupon is for a point value and not a dollar amount, the only way to tell whether they went through is to check the printed receipt. By that time we've stuck the coupon in the drawer so it's hard to retrieve without a key.

And I found out that some of the free product coupons--which have a $15 minimum purchase--will work at SCO even if all they're buying is that item. Although some of the SCOs have been fixed to now call for an attendant on those orders, and when the transaction is retrieved at the paystation the coupon is ignored (as it should be). Can we say "walkoff"? Some SCs (I know they know what they're doing) manage to grab the item and run before I get over there.
            Last edited by Dreamstalker; 06-26-2014, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X