This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth eltf177 View Post
    Well, $1,500 from KhirasHY's hotel + the fire marshall's fine (figure $500 easily) + whatever the other hotel charged (and you have to figure a few comps there as well) and this could easily run to $3,000 or more.

I would hope a bill this large means Mommy and Daddy Dearest finally get junior some help, or at least some discipline.
    You're funny!
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
      You're funny!
      Yeah, we can hope...

I'll tell you, if I or my brother had pulled a stunt like this my father would make us reimburse him every single dime, even if it took decades!
      Last edited by eltf177; 04-28-2014, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
        If I ever caused that much to be charged to my parents, not only would I not be able to sit down for the rest of my life, but it would be YEARS before I stopped paying them back for that.
        I wouldn't be sitting here replying to this thread had I acted out like that unholy brat. My mom would have killed me and told the cops it was a postnatal abortion!

But then the times I grew up in were a lot different than today.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Wow. Just wow. If I had a barrel of the finest rum ever made, I would send it to you...and even that would probably not be enough compensation for putting up with this crap.

The master-criminal in training....I'm just gobsmacked. Evicted from the hotel, fines, fees, cops, fire dept...Good god, what's next, the state troopers and the FBI? And the idiot parents just say "we can't control him." I just....what the FFFF!
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post

The master-criminal in training....I'm just gobsmacked. Evicted from the hotel, fines, fees, cops, fire dept...Good god, what's next, the state troopers and the FBI? And the idiot parents just say "we can't control him." I just....what the FFFF!
            I'm expecting him to be voted by his senior class Most Likely To Be on The FBI's Ten Most Wanted List.

If Junior were the sneaky, quiet type he could be voted "Most Likely To Take Over A Third World Country" but in this day and time I wouldn't be surprised if he started videoing his antics and posting them on YouTube.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I just remembered when one kids group stayed at our hotel, the chaperones had a clever way to get them to stay in their rooms. They put masking tape across the outside of each door and had a list of who was in what room, so the kids couldn't sneak out after bedtime. For security, they marked their doors with red crosses, and let us know that if we heard or saw any funny business from their kids to knock on any door with a cross. Didn't hear a peep from any of those kids!

I'm also reminded of when we had a mom & dad rent a room for their college kids because the dorms weren't open yet; the holiday wasn't over for another day. Those kids caused over $2000 worth of damage to the room (soiled carpet, smashed walls, broken boxsprings, etc.) and were kicked out at about 2AM by the police; actually several were arrested for underaged drinking too. Luckily, when they called about the charges, the parents were more pissed at their kids than the hotel.
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
                If I ever caused that much to be charged to my parents, not only would I not be able to sit down for the rest of my life, but it would be YEARS before I stopped paying them back for that.
                Likewise. Hell knowing my parents, they would have charged me interest at the credit card rate until I paid it back.
                How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

If I had ever done the shit LA4 did--not that it would have ever gotten to that point, mind you, but if it had--my father would have flattened me. And I'm not being figurative or methaphorical here. I mean he would have flattened me. Even after he passed, my stepfather would have flattened me, or my mother, while not exactly assertive, would have definitely reeled me in.

As for the popcorn kid, had he done that to me, and used that dopey line on me, I would have given him the Death Stare and calmly and coolly said, "If by one job you mean not beating you to death with this broom, I'd say I'm doing a damn good job of that. Wouldn't you?" My experience with dealing with people like that suggests to me that, after that, he would have either run off quickly, or immediately started picking up the popcorn himself.

My Death Stare is very effective.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

The "If I ever caused that much damage" question is inconceivable to me. Why? you might ask.

Because I honestly believe to this very day (and I am 30 years old) that if I ever misbehaved that badly. My Grandmother, who I loved very much, would come back from the grave and beat the intelligence back into me. I know, it sounds crazy, but I swear to still hear my beloved Grandmothers voice telling me to treat others with respect and kindness, just as Christ loves us.
                    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

I cannot stand kids in my restuarant. I don't hate them, but when there's rice everywhere, when they stand in the aisles blocking the waiters, and if the teachers don't do crap, I just wanna pour hot tea over them. At least some of the parents have a spine and do something about it.

Comment

LA4 makes me think of the Warren Zevon song "Excitable Boy". Probably will end the same.
                        Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

Quoth seigus View Post
                          LA4 makes me think of the Warren Zevon song "Excitable Boy". Probably will end the same.
                          Or Tim Wilson's (Rest his soul) "It Takes a Village (To Raise a Nut)" I bet LA4 will end up like the kid in that song.
                          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                            I'm expecting him to be voted by his senior class Most Likely To Be on The FBI's Ten Most Wanted List.
                            We actually had one we did vote like this in my senior class. Needless to say he won't be attending our 20 year reunion this year!
                            If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
                              We actually had one we did vote like this in my senior class. Needless to say he won't be attending our 20 year reunion this year!
                              I smell a good story here, spill!!!

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
                                Quoth eltf177 View Post
                                I smell a good story here, spill!!!
                                I can't wait to hear that one either.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

Working...
                                X