Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've never had to do this in 20 years of this job.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've never had to do this in 20 years of this job.

And that is kick someone out of my restaurant. I'm only now, an hour plus later starting to recover, and no longer shaking.

A guy comes in and orders an order of fries and an order of broccoli cheese bites. He did seem a little stuck up when ordering, but, frankly I didn't give a damn about that.

The mega suck came in when I gave him his order. He started yelling and screaming about the portion size of the cheese bites. Phrases like "I should be ashamed of myself" were tossed around by him. Finally, I had enough (I also had another customer waiting to order), and I told him "I will give you your money back, and you will please leave, and never return". Amazingly the asshole left without anymore shouting, which shocked me.

When he left, I profusely apologized to the other customer, and told him "I've never had to do that in 20 years of doing this". He said "I would have kicked him out sooner."

Yeah, I'm going to happy hour after work, and there's a very good chance I won't be driving home from the bar.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Kudos to you!

Comment

He was trying to scam a free meal out of you.

You handled it perfectly. Good for you!
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I hate people like this. bullies. Get their jollies off of belittling and screaming at people whom they think are not allowed to fight back, and if management kowtows to them and gives them goodies, all the better!

You totally did the right thing. Guy was a jackass and deserved the boot; even the other customer agreed with you. Still, I can understand how that encounter shook you, having been on the receiving end of that abuse myself. Treat yourself to something nice; you did a good job.
        Last edited by XCashier; 06-16-2014, 02:50 AM.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Well, I am owner and managment, so I could handle it, but it did shake pretty damn good (see post in the OT Booze club thread). I hope it's another 20 years before I have to do it again.
          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Working...
          X