This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jetfire View Post
    So how many times a day do you hear a CLANG of someone trying to drive the cart out the doors?
    Surprisingly, not as many as when they first put them on, but I'd say that it happens at least once every other day when I'm on shift. It's one of those things you can hear from a long ways away, like breaking glass.

Thankfully, most of the people who do it just kind of laugh at themselves when they figure out that that's why there's a giant steel pole right in the middle of their field of vision.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      That is some seriously bad, "what were they thdrinking?!" design.
      Fixed that for you.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
        The police officer manning the door (this store was in a high crime area and the greeters were off-duty cops) very rudely approached the woman and told her she couldn't use the cart, as they were for "people who actually needed them."

I was livid enough to not only complain to the store management, but get his badge number and complain to his supervisor at the police station.
        Good for you!

Evil Empryss does not look disabled, but she is. When she's having a bad day, she can barely move. I keep a cane in my car in case she starts getting a bad day while we're out. We're trying to train Copper to replace Goldie as her service dog. Appearances can be deceiving.

I get where the cop is coming from; we all bitch about SCs who game the system. EW's to demand things they're not entitled to.

But the fact is, we can't tell who's disabled just by looking at them. There's too much as stake to try. We just have to suck up that the EWs win on that issue from time to time. I can live with it to make sure my friend gets what she needs (I stood up to the store owner who tried to kick Goldie out of his store). The cop made himself prosecutor, judge, jury, and all mighty God by assuming he can tell who's disabled and who's lazy with a look.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Occasionally I'd be covering for the greeter and manning the door. The only people I ever questioned on a cart were those who were obviously joyriding. The joyriders are sadly pretty obvious. They act like it's a rodeo, grinning from ear to ear, either driving in circles or racing each other. Apparently my raised eyebrow is pretty scary and college boys will jump off the carts.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
          X