This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry the Jedi Mind Trick will not work

Late Saturday night about 2 hours before close. We are in the middle of a mini-rush with just the 2 closing drivers the MOD and a cook. 6 orders already on the screen and the top 3 are distance runs each to areas NOT close to each other. And we are quoting 40 - 45 minute delivery times at the moment which given the above is a fairly accurate ETA.

I am waiting for my order to come up and the phone rings. I give the standard robot greeting.

Delivery.

Get the customers phone number. The address is somewhat near in the getto.

Problem #1: the person on the phone is constantly yapping to someone in the room. AND they can not decide what to order. Back and forth back and forth until they finally agree on the box deal with wings. Get the order taken BUT there is STILL an ongoing conversation going on on their end.

I total up the order, read it back, give them the total, ask if this will be cash or card and tell them the delivery time is approx. 45 minutes. NOW throughout this whole "exchange" I have to repeat myself at least twice because of the conversation on the other end. They decide on cash. Again I inform them delivery time is about 45 minutes.

Problem #2
    Customer says (it seemed like she totally ignored me when I said delivery would take about 45 minutes) "Can you have that here in fi'teen minutes cause I gots thr'teen HUNGRY kids here?"

No I am sorry we are quoting 45 minute delivery time because there are 6 orders ahead of you and those DO need to go out first.

WELP I gots thr'teen HUNGRY kids here I gots to feed.

(since the address is maybe 5 minute away I say the following) Well the only way you can get your order in 15 - 20 minutes is if you change your order to a carryout)

BUT I gots HUNGRY kids to feed!!!!!!

I am sorry but our delivery at this time is indeed running about 45 minutes. Would you still like that order delivered????

YES

<ending call housekeeping>

I am sorry but your ravished, starving, HUNGRY kids at MIDNIGHT do not sway me NOR inspire me to go "above and beyond".
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

And of course, we all know that when an SC says "Thirteen starving kids" they really mean "one grouchy old bat who's not even hungry" namely, THEM.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I remember when I worked for the Hutt (not a star wars reference) we had a manager who had a similar call (I think her order was like 5 minutes late at 11 oclock at night).

This manager had been having a shitty night so prompty respnds "well maybe you shouldn't have waiting until 10:30 at night to feed your kids".

The resulting explosion killed 500 and caused over a million dollars in property damage The preceeding may have been an exageration
      How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
        I am sorry but your ravished, starving, HUNGRY kids at MIDNIGHT do not sway me NOR inspire me to go "above and beyond".
        And I'll bet the driver was stiffed on the tip...

Comment

"And I got a half dozen orders ahead of you, what's your point?"
          Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Box deal with wings? Never ordered from Jabba's pizza, but if the deal is similar to what "dice" offers, it's one pizza and a fairly small (usually half dozen or a dozen) number of wings. If you've got 13 hungry kids, it works out to one slice OR a couple wings each - they're still going to be hungry.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
              And of course, we all know that when an SC says "Thirteen starving kids" they really mean "one grouchy old bat who's not even hungry" namely, THEM.
              "Maaaaan, I got five kids to feed!" [cookie to whoever I.D.s the reference]

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                "Maaaaan, I got five kids to feed!" [cookie to whoever I.D.s the reference]
                Total Recall (I like chocolate chip)
                Here Mr Customer, let me pull that out of my arse for you!

Comment

Quoth JustShootMe View Post
                  "I got four kids to feed."

"Hey, vhat happened to number five?"

"Sheeee-eeet, man, I'm not even married."

Comment

Poor planning on the customers part does not equate to an emergency on my part.
                    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

"well maybe you shouldn't have waiting until 10:30 at night to feed your kids".
                      Heh, I know someone who was known to just be cooking dinner at 9:30 at night....for two kids...on a school night. She was just that bad at time management.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Specifically the 1990 version with Arnold Schwarzenegger
                        BTW, if the kids are still up at 10:30, it better not be a school night.
                        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post

What, there was another version...?

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                            I believe GM's ignition switch design team did one.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Yeah, the one closer to the (original) book, but not as entertaining to watch.
                              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                              X