X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A really outragious one from tonight

We seem to be getting hit with stupid.

This happened right before I clocked in for my shift.

Other closing driver gets a order to a Bi-polar house meaning if the female pays you get tipped well. IF the male pays he is a REAL dick. Lately the female has been ordering and the male has been paying. This particular order is $43.66 (THIS IS important)

The driver proceeds to attempt to delivery the order. The male apparently pulls out a semi-large wad of $100 bills (driver said there must have been 15 or 20) and hands the driver a $100 bill to pay for the order.

The driver, following proper security and safety procedures, informs the customer that he does not have enough change for the $100 bill and he only has $20 on him. (I taught these drivers well and really hammered home the need for safety and security).

As usual the customer get pissy and starts to bitch and moan. The driver also informs the customer that they are NOT allowed to go get change for the large bill.

Customer continues to piss and moan but the driver holds firm. At this point the situation is at an impass. The customer lets the driver leave and he proceeds back to the store. Since he did not have his cell phone on him at the time he could not inform the store/MOD of the situation right after he left.

By the time the driver arrives back at the store, the customer has already called and bitched and moaned.

NOW comes the REALLY stupid part

The customer "claims" they tried to pay with a $50 bill not a $100 bill (yeah customers tell the truth????) and proceeded to DEAMND a STEEP discount cause they "had to go and get change on their own".

The MOD (who we all know has their hands tied by corp. who just love to give away free stuff at our expense) gives the customer a whopping 50% discount to bring the total down to $21.95. SO the driver has to turn around and deliver again to get a 5 cent tip.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

The driver should've just considered that his tip and left.

Yeah, not allowed, I know.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Two trips and a 5¢ tip? I'd demand the manager take an additional _real_ tip out of the till and ban these people permanently!

Thanks for nothing, corporate pricks!

Comment

And now he's going to do that every time.

I wouldn't last long at one of these places. I'd have to tell corporate where they can shove it.
        Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

More importantly...funny how in the time it took for the driver to turn around and return to the house, the customer now had smaller bills?

Comment

I thought businesses wanted profit

This is so stupid a way to run a business.

I have posted about this before, but once the computer business I used to work for fired/demanded money up front from it's twelve worse customers (ie they were costing more money than they paid) the profits of the company almost doubled.

I know the base materials of food is cheap, but labour/maintenance/utilities are not. This customer costed the company $10-15 dollars labour (remember all the people involved cook, delivery and manager), and $20 in sales. Fire the top one hundred customers like this and suddenly you are making thousands of dollars more per season.

Comment

Earl, you're using logic.. something that corp has in less supply than the customers! To them, the only number that looks good to the media is the number of "customers" a business has. Also, a mass firing of "customers" is bad publicity, dontcha know.. Heck, it's not even about the "customers," if you think about it. They're just a product that the company sells to it's stock holders!
              If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                The customer "claims" they tried to pay with a $50 bill not a $100 bill... discount cause they "had to go and get change on their own".
                Wait, what? Which was it custy? IF you had a fifty, there's no driver in the world who wouldn't cough up seven bucks in change (just to get your order over with if nothing else) and SINCE you had a perfectly acceptable fifty, why did you have to go get change?

Well, we know why - he had a fifty all along, and was using this convoluted lie to get forty-plus dollars worth of food for twenty-some bucks.

Thanks, corporate, for another perfect example of Honest Person Tax: I'll remember that the next time I shell out full price for a pizza, I'm subsidizing this asshat.

Comment

That's why it's a good idea to support your local independent pizza joint. Better food (unless it's a Halal place - pepperoni made with beef instead of pork doesn't taste the same), and since they don't have to bend over backwards to satisfy clueless corporate overlords they can "fire" the problem customers and not need to charge the rest of us an "honest person tax" to make up for the losses to the freeloaders.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                    And now he's going to do that every time.

I wouldn't last long at one of these places. I'd have to tell corporate where they can shove it.
                    I second that notion. for the last 30-35 years corporations have taught scammers customers that just the mere thought of bitching and complaining will get them discounts or free shit then foist off higher prices on us honest customers.

Quoth UncleImpy View Post
                    More importantly...funny how in the time it took for the driver to turn around and return to the house, the customer now had smaller bills?
                    The customer alledgely "went and got change" or so they claim.

Yeah it is not my money but in reality it really is because our wages are frozen (have been for the last 4 years or so) and they keep running promo's with 1980's prices.
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I'd have refused to go. "I don't feel safe going back due to his attitude. Feel free to send someone else." I delivered for 5 years - damned if I'm going to deal with a liar and a known bad tipper for TWO trips.

Comment

And people wonder why we are in a rescission.

Seriously, these type of scammers are the reason why I have a stockpile of food and ammo (solely to protect the food).
                        I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

If Mr. Cheapskate had a stack of $100's, I would assume he probably had a debit card...why not just use that? Then you can just write in a tip on the receipt.

I don't have a stack of $100's, but when I order pizza, it's usually online, and I pay with my debit card.
                          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

UGH! Nasty customer got what he wanted! Fuming!

Comment

Working...
                            X