Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 sucks (But you PROMISED) and (Finding Fault)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 sucks (But you PROMISED) and (Finding Fault)

I work in a clothing/home decor store situated within a large garden centre.

1) But you PROMISED!

Last Sunday, a woman and her husband came in. The husband wanted a hat, but the only size we had was L/XL when he wanted a S/M. So I told them both that I would happily order them one in and that it SHOULD be here the following Thursday. I told them that it wasn't for definite, but that we would ring them as SOON as the hat was in the store.

They came in today and asked me where their hat was. I said I'd go check out the back to see if it was there, knowing that it probably wasn't, because there'd be a call for them. I came back empty handed. I told them that the order is up there on the screen and is scheduled for Thursday 26th June, so it will definitely be here by then.

"That's too long. You said my husbands hat would definitely be here last Thursday."

NO. I DID NOT SAY THAT.

I decided not to tell them that I didn't make promises, and just let them finish. They told me they'd been expecting a phone call because 'YOU SAID blah blah blah' and then the wife just said, "Okay, when it comes in I'll be expecting a phone call." And off they went.

2) Finding fault

I was milling about. I saw a lady so went up and said hello to her. She instantly went to grab my hand, but stopped at the last minute. Then she said, "Follow me, I want you to see something."

So I followed her. She'd found a cardigan that had been scruffily hung on a coat hanger. It was covered in dust and fluff. Evidently, it has fallen off its hanger and a customer has put it back.

She said: "That doesn't look very good now, DOES IT?"

I apologised for missing it, and thanked her for pointing it out to me. She just gave me a look that I had somehow offended her and then said, "I shouldn't have had to point it out to you" and flounced out like she was the queen or something.

A few minutes later, another colleague came over to me and asked me if the lady was sharp with me, so I said yes. Apparently, this woman used to come to my colleagues former work place and pick fault over everything. The entire family is the same. They think they are something special.

Quoth Evannah View Post
    IApparently, this woman used to come to my colleagues former work place and pick fault over everything. The entire family is the same. They think they are something special.
    AKA legends in their own minds.

I can only imagine what kind of sad lives they must lead in order to occupy their time with nitpicking over trivial things. It's as if they have this rose-colored view of the world when they're asleep and when they wake up they find anything but so they've set out on a world quest to create that world in reality.

Unfortunately reality rarely ever agrees with what's viewed in the brain and it comes as a total shock to them. Hence they lash out at any perceived "imperfection" they imagine.

They must be where corporate suits come from . . . they're a subspecies of the homosapien that exists only on a remote island somewhere in the South Pacific where everything looks like a postcard and they're infiltrating the world.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

DGC - I figure they're one of two types:

a - Nobody in that family can find fault with anything they, themselves do (they're perfect, after all ) -- thus, they are the only ones suitable to criticize everyone else

b - They criticize one another that way. All day, every day. For the entirety of their lives. Thus, they would growing up thinking that that sort of behavior is perfectly normal and accepted.

Sad, either way ;(
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Ugh, we've had people call in to the paper and do that!! "Do you realize there's a typo on page B6?"

No, and since it's not the ad section, I really don't care. Call editorial (good luck picking the correct choice on the phone system - I don't think they offer one for 'nitpicking')

"There's an ad that states $100 per week rent and $395 for the month! Someone's math is wrong!" (Actually got this sent in to us in a LETTER - yes, they took the time to write that out and wasted a stamp on it!)

See, the thing here is that the landlord is offering A DEAL (not much of one, I admit). It's not a case of he can't multiply $100 x 4 - he's intentionally giving a discount.

Ugh. I hate people sometimes.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          b - They criticize one another that way. All day, every day. For the entirety of their lives. Thus, they would growing up thinking that that sort of behavior is perfectly normal and accepted.

Sad, either way ;(
          By the time Bast was an adult, she was terrified of trying something new. Her father is just like you described, EricKei. He made no allowance for a child's less-than-adult dexterity or strength, and never allowed her to make learning-type mistakes.

Sometimes I want to throttle that man.

My point being: people like Eric's 'type b' definitely do exist. And they make life as miserable for their families as they do service personnel. (Maybe more so.)
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Aye. I was basing both of those on people whom I have encountered in the past, one of which I may or may not be related to
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
            X