This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for another Good Idea/Bad Idea.

Good Idea: calling ahead to get assistance and advice.
    Bad Idea: showing up unannounced for something we would have said over the phone you aren't eligible for.

Good Idea: asking for help when you need it.
    Bad Idea: refusing to say what you actually need help with.

Good Idea: letting the nice lady who comes to the reception area take your information.
    Bad Idea: accusing the nice lady who comes to the reception area (who's trying to help you) of being an imposter.

Good Idea: asking your question and giving important details up front.
    Bad Idea: refusing to discuss anything until you can go "somewhere in private".

Also Bad Idea: arguing about having to ride in the elevator to the only place close to private that's available.

Another Bad Idea: refusing to sit down and finally discuss reasonably what it is you actually want in full sentences, and looming over and scaring the nice lady who came out to the reception area to help you.

Also Another Bad Idea: arguing about not being eligible to use the paper form that we would have told you on the phone you're not eligible to use if you had called ahead.

Really Bad Idea: demanding unfettered access to computers holding huge amounts of extremely confidential information to complete the online forms because you're not eligible to use the paper form that we would have told you you're not eligible to use if you had called ahead.

Really Very Bad Idea: demanding access to the "enforcer's" (bouncer, heavy, whatever you prefer) personal cell phone to complete the online forms because we don't provide free access to our computers and you're not eligible to use the paper form... etc. etc.

Extremely Bad Idea: getting thrown off the premises and charged with criminal trespassing for refusing to leave after being told multiple times that you're not getting access to anyone's computer or cell phone, personal or otherwise, just because you're angry that you're not eligible to use the paper form.

I was only involved with this up until building security was called the first time; did not see the cops arrive or anything else as the "enforcer" very thankfully sent me back to my cube in the restricted-access area. Unfortunately, this also means I was too scared to go to the bathroom until the cops did get the visitor out, since it would mean walking straight past the reception area....

What type of place do you work? Is it a doctor's office? I assume these were all one person?

Comment

State agency for professional licensing, and yep... all the same person.

Comment

Quoth Ashaela View Post
        State agency for professional licensing
        ah that explains why he wasn't eligible, he wasn't professional at all.
        Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
        Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
          ah that explains why he wasn't eligible, he wasn't professional at all.
          Dang nab Ninja's and your Ninjiujitsu ways.

Why would anyone, in their right mind, think it would be OK to demand access to personal/confidential/sensitive equipment?

DARN IT, I answered myself again, "right mind" .
          I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Quoth Ashaela View Post
            and yep... all the same person.
            Oh good God. Some people.

Comment

A reoccurring theme when I worked with the general public:

SC - Help me.
              Me - OK what do you need?
              SC - I don't know, just help me.
              Me - I can't help you unless you tell me what you need. (Que several repetitions of this)
              SC - You're rude.

Then they would complain to my supervisor and I would get in trouble.

Comment

Quoth ImmBarb View Post
                A reoccurring theme when I worked with the general public:

SC - Help me.
                Me - OK what do you need?
                SC - I don't know, just help me.
                Me - I can't help you unless you tell me what you need. (Que several repetitions of this)
                SC - You're rude.

Then they would complain to my supervisor and I would get in trouble.
                Seriously? WTH??
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  Seriously? WTH??
                  I worked in Adult Ed. Some of the classes could be paid by agencies like DSS. People heard we had "free" classes and wanted to take them. But had no idea what class they wanted or how the tuition was going to be paid. It was up to me to figure out what they should do with their life.

Comment

Working...
                  X