X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitches, Brats and Thieves

Bitch, Brat and Thief.

This is the story of Bitch Thief, who is also a Brat. The story is in three parts. Part one happens on a slow evening, when BT arrives at the petrol station. She puts in twenty pounds and comes inside, presumably to pay. Wrong! BT claims that the pump showed the money on the screen but didn't put any petrol in her car. This is complete and utter bollocks; if the pump is broken, it won't dispence any fuel. There is no way that this can happen. Also, if no fuel goes into a car, it would show on our screens. It doesn't, so basically, BT is trying to scam us. She won't listen when we tell her all this, so we get a manager from over the road.

Craig duly arrives and BT runs to meet him, anxious to get her bit in first. This is something a lot of SCs do, I've noticed; it's as tho they believe that if they talk to the manager before we do, he'll believe them over us. Craig, as we know, is too good a manager to be swayed by this; he sticks to the policy. While BT is talking to Craig, I write down BT's registration number, plus a description of both her and her car. Craig then proceeds to try out the pump. It comes on, and a tiny bit splatters out, which we write off. This is proof absolute that BT is a scammer.

My collegue Lena and I watch as BT enters, arguing with Craig. He tells her to pay up, or the police will be called. BT screams abuse then suddenly breaks away, gets into her car and drives off. End of part one.

Part two occurs some time later. As you might remember, I wrote down BT's registration number plus a description of her and her car. This information was passed on to the police after Craig called them. The police didn't take long to pick BT up. She was given the choice of either being arrested, or of coming back and paying up. For some strange reason, BT chose to be arrested. She also got quite violent with the police, which isn't going to help her case any. Lena and I won't have to give evidence, as Craig is going to. BT is also on camera screaming abuse at Craig, before running to her car and driving off. I don't fancy her chances much. End of part two.

Finally, part three. Yesterday, we heard that BT changed her plea to guilty, probably cuz her lawyer told her she didn't have an ice cube in hell's chance of winning the case. Also, we heard that she has done this scam before at other petrol stations, but got away with it. It's just so rare that an SC gets his/her comeuppance, so I had to share this with you all. XD
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
    She was given the choice of either being arrested, or of coming back and paying up. For some strange reason, BT chose to be arrested.
    IANAP, but I can imagine that she chose to be arrested for the following reasons:

-She believed that the police/court would force the petrol station to pay up so she could get a nice piece of money out of it.
    -She was "stickin it to the man" aka the business. (I've noticed that often "the man" does not refer to law.)
    -If she was forced to come in and pay up, it would be a big fat slice of humble pie that she did not want to eat, lest she gain weight from it
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Gee, this one started my day with a smile.
      "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
      .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

I am amazed that she got away with it at other stations!
        Good for your group in stopping her actions!
        I no longer fear HELL.
        I work in RETAIL.

Comment

Kudos for seeing that this scammer got exactly what she deserved!

Comment

Plus

Quoth fireheart View Post
            IANAP, but I can imagine that she chose to be arrested for the following reasons:
            You left out the fourth reason.

Just like the people who come to the computer store and don't believe we can have a database of all sales and repairs done and the serials involved for the last 10 years.

She probably thought those half domes about the station are silly decorations instead of protected all-weather cameras.

Her lawyer probably saw the video that would be shown in court, and quickly told her to change her plea.

Bonus if the cops have cams in their cars as well showing her actions to the police.

Comment

(with apologies to Cher)

♪♫ Bitches, Brats and Thieves
              She heard it from the people at the pump
              They called her Bitchy, Bratty Thief
              When she drove off all the cops would come around
              And bust her punk ass down! ♪♫
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

BT must really like the taste of PWNADE(TM), since she got three separate servings of it.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

As for why she chose not to return to the store... I have found that many scammers are 110% convinced that their plans will always work, that others will believe them, and/or that they can talk/seduce their way out of any bad situation. She learned otherwise.
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Remember, there's always that ONE person who's response to any challenge is "You and what army!?" and that includes situations where the other party is, in fact, The Army.
                    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                      (with apologies to Cher)

Oh, how I wish for a "Like" button!
                      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                        (with apologies to Cher)

LMAO! You win an internet.

Yeah, a lot of these scammers are somehow convinced that they're in the right and that the law will be on their side. XD Sucks to be them.
                        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Karma's a bitch lol.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                            Remember, there's always that ONE person who's response to any challenge is "You and what army!?" and that includes situations where the other party is, in fact, The Army.
                            Yep. And it's a helluva show too. Complete with guns, tanks, bombs, planes, ships and soldiers galore.

That's when you get to sit back and laugh at them as they crap their pants.

Quoth XCashier View Post
                            (with apologies to Cher)

I really should campaign for a LIKE button.
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I saw the thread title and wondered, "What have my neighbors done now??"

Great story! Just another idiot who thinks she's smarter than everyone else...as usual, reality proved her wrong.
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X