This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop Battery Help

Hey guys. It never fails. I have a question and I come here first.

I've got a Dell insperion note book-I think its an E1505, and I need a new battery. The battery it came with lasted about a year and a half before it stopped holding a charge. Now it's so dead that disconnecting from a power source for a nanosecond shuts the 'puter down, thus loosing every damn thing I was working on. Since I have to keep it plugged in as all times, it kinda defeats the purpose of a lap top. That I can take anywhere.

A new battery is long overdue.

Looking on the Dell website they only have 3- ranging in price from $134 to $154. The thing that worried me is that all 3 have customer ratings of one star or less. The maint complaint-the battery goes completly dead after about a year. I dun wunna spen that kinda bread and have the same problem.

I have no idea whats compatable with what, so I'm sure I could get it cheaper, I just don't know what I'm looking for. ALSO, shouldn't a battery last longer? Especially for $150? So, please help direct me at more affordable battieries? Yes?

Well fiddle dee dee!!

Moved to Tech Help.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Duh. *smacks self*
      Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

Wow, this is a scary concidence. My E1505 is currently needing a replacement for its 1.5-year-old battery, and I too was trying to find a better deal than farking Dell gives.

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
          My understanding is that 1.5 years is the average for Dell laptops in the past few years. Don't know of what to suggest
          I suspect it is, as I've had my Inspiron 1501 since April '08 and finally had the battery replaced 2 months ago (one of the advantages of going the RTO route is that service is covered for the duration of the contract.)

Took almost 3 months for the battery to come in and in the meantime it had gotten to the point where whenever I'd turn on the laptop, I'd get a message saying Windows couldn't recognize the battery - press F12 and Enter to continue.

When it was new, it ran for between 3 1/2 and 4 hours. It had gotten to where it would run for between 30 and 45 minutes on a 100% charge. And it was roughly 18 months old then.

If you can't afford one from Dell (and I know they're expensive), you could try online at Batteries Plus to see if it would be any cheaper.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
          X