This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like I need to call the compliance hotline

I maintain there is rarely anything useful in work e-mail. Somewhere in between the newsletters the whole organization gets eventhough they only apply to a specific department, the latest money donation opportunity, and random chain letters that slip through the blocking software, there is the occasional relevent nugget that actually applies to me and my job.

And then I get things that really boggle my mind.

Quick reminders: I work in medical imaging and I'm PRN with precious few hours. Now that that's out of the way, let me tell you what I found in my work e-mail inbox today. I found an order for a scan to be done today. Yes, it's a scan I would do in my department. One of my favorite scans to do, actually. However, I am not working today. On the recipient list was "<other other location> Medical Imaging Department," meaning the sender sent it to everyone who works in medical imaging including techs who don't even have the licenseure to do said scan.

HIPAA violation much? I'm not even sure it's legal to send orders through e-mail even though work's is encrypted. Regardless, I shouldn't have gotten it. And those of you who work in healthcare are no dobut 'ing at the sheer wrongness.

Time to go look up the compliance hotline number.
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Oy vey. Massive HIPAA violation.

Radiology orders go in the ordering system not email.

Who emailed that order, a med student?
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I have no idea. My brain hurts trying to figure out how anyone could be that dumb.
      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Good to know that even high-classed-professionals (those who go to school god knows how long and have an entire alphabet around their names) can be victim to the Dumb that infects offices everywhere.
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
          Good to know that even high-classed-professionals (those who go to school god knows how long and have an entire alphabet around their names) can be victim to the Dumb that infects offices everywhere.
          My friend, you have no idea . . . .
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

... >_>
            *throws a grenade*
            So tell us?
            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
              ... >_>
              *throws a grenade*
              So tell us?
              AAAAAAAAAAAAH'd catch a grenaaaaaaaaaaade for yaaaaaaaaaa

The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Ugh. Not that song. Please.

I has been stymied a bit. The hotline number is on the intranet. Which is great. However, I don't have access to it at home and haven't been to work at all. I've e-mailed around trying to get it, but no response. I'm going in May 2, so I'll call then. Hopefully the delay doesn't get me in hot water too.

Comment

Working...
                X