This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 3-legged pig

One of my favorite jokes as told by my father.

A traveling salesman is at a farm house and knocks on the door. Waiting for an answer, he is looking around when he sees a huge pig sitting in a solitary pen. The size is not the extraordinary part, it's the fact that he has three good legs, and one wooden peg where the fourth should be.

The farmer opens the door and the salesman, forgetting himself, asks, "Why does that pig only have 3 legs?"

The farmer chuckles. "That is a very interesting story, I tell you what. One time, while in the fields, my tractor flips over and lands on top of me. Surely I woulda died under there, but that pig busts out of his pen and wouldn't ya know it he lifts that tractor right off o' me, saving my life."

"Wow," says the salesman, amazed, "that is pretty interesting. But it doesn't really explain the leg."

"And then this other time," the farmer continues, "little Suzy was swimming in the water hole when she went too deep and started drowning. Well, that pig jumps right into the water and drags her to land."

"That really is amazing," the salesman agrees, "but it still doesn't..."

"And then ANOTHER time, my two youngest was stuck in the barn when it caught fire! Well, that pig breaks down the door and leads them both safely outside!"

"Ok," says the salesman, becoming annoyed, "those stories are nice, but it still does not tell me what happened to the pig's leg!"

"Well shoot," responds the farmer, "you don't eat a pig like that all at once!"
    ~ It is a beautiful day to be dizzy!
Working...
X