No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to the county fair and came home with maple-flavored tea, maple-flavored coffee, maple sugar and maple syrup (light amber...mmmm).

What? I like maple!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Tonight's dilemma: To take my contacts out would require getting up. Which means moving. My stomach heartily disapproves of this idea. So... Take contacts out and upset stomach further? Or pacify tummy and sleep in my contacts? >.<
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• Lost my purse on the bus today. When I realised I went to the stop and asked the driver who rang their office and it was there he let me ride the bus to near the office and I got it back with everything in it!
        As soon as I start thinking
        That I'm sensible and sane
        The Random Hedgehog comes along
        And fiddles with my Brain
        (from card I got)

Comment

• Well, I shall consider myself lucky. My ER bill and some other bill for something is only a total of 350 bucks (will be paid off by October). And my car is ready to go with a new radiator which is 300 bucks.

And in a couple of weeks we get to find the sex of my roommate's baby. So then I can fully start buying clothes that I been wanting to buy him or her.

Comment

• Kid at playground (holding up goose feather): "Look what I found!"

Me: "Looks like a griffin feather."

Kid: "What's that?"

Me: "It's like a lion but with a beak and big wings. They only come out at night and don't do well in captivity, so you've probably never seen one before. They're pretty rare."

Kid (running away): "MOMMY! Guess what I found!"

Me: "Come on Conrad, time for lunch. Let's head home...hurry."
            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Anakhouri, you are brilliant!

It's all about the pavement bears here; thanks to the sublime Terry Pratchett. Jazzy knows that they are inter-dimensional creatures summoned to our world via stepping on cracks in the pavement. She's created a history for them and tells many longwinded stories about them, and so I'm currently working on drawing a hatchling for her (they're monotremes).
              Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• In the process of making tofu. There may not be bloodshed from me, but there have been two suicidal flies so far.

Rapscallion

Comment

• Ten ounces of tofu cost the lives of one blender (smoking, but functional for now) and two flies. I'm impressed with myself.

Rapscallion

Comment

• Were the flies for extra protein?

My daughter just came down and demanded I cut her hair, its now the shortest its been for over 10 years, from bottom length to laying on her shoulders!
                    Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

• Quoth Cazzi View Post
                      Were the flies for extra protein?
                      Not intentionally, I have to point out.

Rapscallion

Comment

• Tomorrow we are going to meet mother-in-law to exchange the kiddo (she is watching him for the weekend at her house while we jet off to GenCon). She wants to meet at Fast Food Place I Do Not Want to Give My Money To (but which MiL supports).

I don't want to offend her, and she is doing us a huge favor by taking the kiddo, and honestly she will probably insist on paying...so I guess I can bite the bullet and go.
                        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Today at work was a two-acetominophen, two-ibuprofen, damn-it-where's-the-booze? kind of day...
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Bored, hit 'shuffle' on my playlist:

(Don't Worry) If There's A Hell Below, We're All Going To Go - Curtis Mayfield
                            The Trees - Rush
                            Dance Of Fate - Epica
                            Where Ghe Streets Have No Name - U2
                            Bat Out Of Hell - Meat Loaf
                            Surfing With The Alien - Joe Satriani
                            Tonight Is What It Means To Be Young - Fire Inc.
                            Everlong - Foo Fighters
                            Legacy - The Art of Noise
                            Crawling In The Dark - Hoobastank
                            Copyrighted Gene - Delusion Squared
                            Monkey Wrench - Foo Fighters
                            Burn Devil Burn - The Soul Messengers and The Spirit of Israel
                            Stand By Me - Baron with Lemmy
                            The Rascal King - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones

So, what's yours?
                            "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• I love The Trees. Especially the live version.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• People in the PNW. I would prepare for the end of the world. Felix threw a perfect game. Yes that is right, a Seattle Mariner threw a perfect game. I am scared

Though if hell is freezing over, maybe it will cool off around here
                                Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Working...
                                X