This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next time we're getting a cart.

Had a customer who wanted a fence board. Fences are already a pain because they are sold outside and therefore locked to prevent thieves. You need to get a key from a cashier to unlock it, which I did.

Anyway, I suggest that we get a double decker flat cart to make it easy to load into his truck, but he insists we can just carry it over by hand. The problem, he was parked 100 feet away. So I find myself helping him carry this thing halfway across the outside of the store.

This is partly my fault for not just getting a cart anyway, but still... why would you even object to getting a cart and making things easier on both of us?

Fault

Your fault is carrying them over. Once you have the keys and know the amount needed, you open the gate and stack the boards outside the gate, lock it back up, and stand by the stack of boards telling him you will help him load the car as soon as he drives it over.

Comment

I forgot to mention that there were other cars parked near the fences so he couldn't have parked there.

Comment

This isn't what I'd actually do, but it is what I'd like to think I'd do:

He said no to the cart, so he's carrying them by himself.
        When he asks if you can help, say "I'll go get a cart."

Comment

Working...
        X