This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where I've Been

So, I made the resolution last year to wait until THIS year to make my big announcement. I also want some of my work stories to age a bit before posting them, because I've gotten a bit more high profile.

I made full time. Non-management full time. By being in the top three tech sales associates for the past couple years. I am currently in the top five IN THE COMPANY. I'm currently in the top three outside California. (Cali apparently has much laxer liability laws, so their techs can pretty much work on anything.)

Basically, when the mandatory part time hours got enforced, my district manager VERY quickly realized that I HAVE to work 40ish hours per week. Otherwise, our tech sales tank. None of my other techs seem to know how to sell much. Of the ~$2500 we do per week, I bring in 90% of it. That being said, we've finally gotten rid of the flotsam. The Tweedle twins have BOTH finally left the company, along with their apprentice.

The best part is, I've done it all by being honest with my tech customers, and being good at tech. Customers have really shown their appreciation for my honesty. If a product sucks or just has a few drawbacks, they trust I'll tell them. More honestly than my managers would like, sometimes, but I make sure I'm not sounding like I'm badmouthing, just pointing out the cons.

I can't wait to be around more, and I can't wait to share a year of stories with all of you! I also can't wait to escape retail. :P (Good news on that front, too, I'll be taking the GREs this spring, and hopefully going to graduate school for paleontology next year!) *Hugs* to those who want em!
    Last edited by Dragon_Dreamer; 02-01-2016, 07:50 AM. Reason: Was a little too specific about my numerical ranking.

Congrats, and welcome back to the wonderful madness! ^_^
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Paleontology? That's a tough row to hoe. (So to speak.) The pay often isn't much better than retail. But then, the customers are mostly millions of years dead, so that's a major plus!
      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Ah, but while I abhor retail, I LOVE Paleo. I've been a volunteer at the nearby major museum for a few years now.

Comment

Working...
        X