This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
    My only friends right now are either college kids who just started the school year 3 hours away and the friend i had my 'well I kind of almost attempted suicide talk' with in the OP, who lives in England because they got sick of the US.
    ....and all of us here
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
      ....and all of us here
      this made me cry, thanks

Comment

this made me cry, thanks
        *hugs* Sometimes it just needs to be said, so that everyone's on the same page.
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

You've got all of us, Slicey.

You honestly sound like the sort of person I'd be friends with IRL. If you were up here in Canada I'd happily open my home to you. I understand where you're coming from in so many ways.

Comment

I just wanted to post an update:

I'm feeling less down.
            I actually am sleeping at least 6 hourish at a time (it may be broken up in to 2 3 hours periods sometimes, but at least im falling back asleep).
            I have gotten out of the house multiple times
            I made the worse pancakes ever the other day and ate them all while watching lilo and stitch (this is a happy slicey activity).
            My club from college had its first meeting on friday and a bunch of new people joined our chat and I'm now Momma Slicey to them and god damn it does that make me happy.
            I am actually thinking about writing a bit, which is certainly a good thing.

I am going to look into seeing a doctor soon, and seeing about getting meds for my anxiety and maybe an antidepressant. Actually I'm interested in an alternative medication option for them but you know first a doctor.

Comment

*hugs*

I'm glad you're feeling a little better. Sleeping always helps, and even if it is in 2-3 hour spurts that still means you're going through at least one full sleep cycle at a time; here's a pretty good description of them:

Sleep cycle stages

Without going through the full cycle your body and brain don't recharge properly, so the fact that you are managing to stay asleep that long is going to make a big difference.

I'm glad you're making new friends; being Momma Slicey sounds fun. This is also something to take home with you; every time your family or those little voices in your head tell you you're no good, remind yourself that you're Momma Slicey, and valued as a friend by your group.

I can understand being wary of medication; I resisted for a long time before I finally went on antidepressants. It took a while to find the right one, and sometimes the right one becomes the wrong one as your brain chemistry and circumstances change. I'm currently on my third one; the first just didn't work, the second worked for a long time but started being a liability after a few years when the mild sedative (one of my problems was chronic insomnia) started making me fall asleep in the middle of the day, bolt upright in my office chair, in the middle of an open plan office.

Talking therapies can often help; I've found that Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (a type of therapy that helps train you to recognise when you're approaching a situation and gives you tools on how to derail it) works well for anxiety, depression and anger management issues. It helped me a lot as it helped me identify those little voices in my head telling me I was useless, a drain on and a disappointment to my family, and challenge them with the facts. It didn't stop the voices completely, but it helped me to disregard what they were telling me.

Good luck, and keep us posted!
              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

When you go to the doc, get them to test a few things for you, especially considering you were on nightshift for some time. Most common ones to get tested are Vitamin D (you get it mostly from sunshine), Vitamin B (sounds silly but does make a difference) and Iron.

Since taking pharmacy grade supplements, I have noticed a difference. The iron, vitamin B and D have improved my energy levels, which means I have more energy to help myself get better. And I'm not struggling to get out of bed as often. I was borderline anaemic when my doctor tested me. My iron levels are still low, but they are no where near as low.

I'm not saying it's a cure but it might help a little bit, with therapy and/or medication too.

One thing my therapist told me at is treating any mental health issues is like dancing across a stage. Watch ballerinas. They will start on one side of the stage and exit on the other. But they do a lot of left, right, backwards, forwards, upside down and sideways in between. As much as it doesn't look like it, progress is always made. You will make progress, slow and steady, but still progress.
                A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

I was going to quote the relevant bits of Blue Ginger's post, but that was all of it.

Comment

Now I have that warm squishy feeling I get when someone understands me when trying to explain mental health issues. Thanks greek_jester. It is a good feeling, like a warm hug.
                    A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

I thought I'd post a little update cause I know I went radio silent.
                      And that's not fair or nice.

Still feeling depressed but if depression has a scale of 0-10 with 10 being shutting down/suicide and 0 being better im more of a 3. I know I'm depressed but I'm pretty functional and have more days where I feel more human/normal than others.

I am writing a bit, but since I can't handle my own characters right now (Cause I don't want to mess up the characters I liked enough to create for my own little stories) im working on a fan fic to get my creativity flowing.

Which is fun.

Still no luck on the job front.

oh and I tie dyed baby onesies.

Comment

oh and I tie dyed baby onesies.
                        Adorable! Coolest baby on the block.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                          Adorable! Coolest baby on the block.
                          Not even for anyone I know, my sister is part of a nerd woman's craft group and many of the women are pregnant. So i tie dyed 6 onesies for her to give away.

It made me wish I had more white clothing to dye.

Btw its almost 4 am and i'm failing at resisting working on the fic i'm posting.

Comment

Working...
                          X