This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy!

So very, very glad I found this forum. My spouse was tiring of being the only one vented at.

I own and manage a little manufacturing business, wife and I operate it. We sell direct to customers worldwide.

I've been reading threads and have found kindred sprits. The "canonical list" is wonderful...I laughed, I cried, and now I believe. CS is a repository of truth.

B
    Even if you don't believe in God, a career in customer service will make you believe in original sin.
    -the elder CSR

So, does that mean that the CS forums might be responsible for saving your marriage?

Can't wait to hear about the SCs you get to deal with in your business.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
      So, does that mean that the CS forums might be responsible for saving your marriage?
      Sounds like it.

Great to have you aboard Basher! These are great Forums to vent! Have fun!

Comment

Thanks! Yes, I think this will do our marriage some good...just like the GPS for the car did...
        Even if you don't believe in God, a career in customer service will make you believe in original sin.
        -the elder CSR

Comment

Welcome to ! Looking forward to hearing your stories of SC's!
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Welcome, and heyah

More or less the same deal for me to ( minus the spouse and own business that is.. )
            I just found this forum and the comic a few days ago and I've got a feeling I'll be posting a lot of stuff here in the near future

Comment

Thanks to all. I found CS at *exactly* the right time.

BTW, does anyone else subscribe to full-moon/suckage correspondence theory? I *absolutely do* get more sucky customers around a full moon, I swear.
              -the elder CSR

Comment

Enjoying, but having problems.

Is it just me, or is the session timeout set really short on the CS site? Between re-logging in after writing a post, and then waiting for my posts to be approved by a moderator before appearing, I'm losing most of them.

Does one eventually graduate from moderator-approval on all posts?
                -the elder CSR

Comment

Yes, eventually one does move out of moderation. It doesn't take long if you continue to make posts in the meantime.

As far as your session time-out issue goes, how long does it take before you need to log in again?

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

It can be a bit of a pain.

But in the beginning, you might want to write your posts in something like Wordpad and then paste them into the site, so you don't lose anything.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I've been informed that the system will log you out after about 15 minutes, unless you select the "Remember me" option. I've always used that option, so I didn't realize there was a time limit.

If you can't use the "Remember Me" option because you're using a shared computer, Andara's suggestion seems like a good alternative.

As for the moderation issues, stick with it and you'll be a full member shortly.

Hope that helps.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Cool. I'll need that ability to vent. Before the current position, I did time in a convenience store, various retail, and did a 2 year stint as a social worker in the southern US. Never have gotten to vent about that. I'm virtually swollen with untold anecdotes about sucky customers waiting to get out...
                        -the elder CSR

Comment

Working...
                        X