This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm an Aunty again!

My sister had a little girl on Sunday. Sister and baby are doing well. She is just so adorable. And little and cute and just aaaooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh! (all the high pitched gooey noises)

Every time I look at her I just melt in her cuteness.

And she was born with more hair than my sister had at two years old. Which we aren't letting my sister forget.
    A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
    . She is just so adorable. And little and cute and just aaaooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh! (all the high pitched gooey noises)

Every time I look at her I just melt in her cuteness.
    Ooh sounds lovely

Oh you meant the baby....

The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Congratulations!

My brother is blond. When he was born, he looked like a billiard ball.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

My sister is blonde. Seriously, she had 'bum fluff' until she was 2. It was the length and density of the hair on most people's arms. Even now she still has fine 'fairy' hair.

This little one has her dad's hair colour. It's black-brown and about 2cm long already. It's just going to be a waiting game to see what colour hair she will end up with in the next 6-12 months.

Which genes will win? Will it be the Irish-Australian/Ukrainian blonde-wheat colour? Or the Maltese/English-Australian black-brown? Stay tuned to find out!

Dad started jet black, then went white blonde, then brown around 10 years old. Two of our cousins had black hair when they were born but it fell out over the first year and they ended up white blonde until early teens, then it went a dirty blonde colour. (2 brothers married 2 sisters, so we share all the genes with these 2 particular cousins. And we all went to the same primary school together. Our school never could keep the sibling relationships straight. )

My brother and I are kinda evil because we are not-so-secretly hoping she will go red/strawberry blonde like us. But hopefully without the burn-in-2-seconds-on-a-cloudy-day skin. We want her to have her dad's Maltese descent tanning abilities.
        A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

First of all congrats!

Secondly, bizarrely enough I was born blonde, but my sister was born dark, yet she went blonde by the time she was around 12 months old. Then she stayed blonde until she finished high school. Funnily enough, my sister resembles my dad more than me yet she got the hair of our mother.

Comment

Working...
          X