Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not asking about moderation, I understand the part about moderation. I understand the part about spambots, I understand everything that has been posted. What I don't understand is this stupid admin validation I read of when I first signed up. Why haven't I been admin validated yet? I've been waiting, and waiting, and waiting for it to happen, but apparently it's not going to. I tried to join this community, but I've only been alienated and driven away. Great job guys. Good luck with your site!

Comment

Admin validation?

As far as I know, all you have to do is reply to the email that is sent automatically.
      That validates your registration.
      However, for a period of time, your posts have to be manually approved.

I really don't understand what you are asking.

We have tried to answer your question numerous times, but none of our answers have satisfied you.
      In the history of this site, I don't recall any admins having to validate anyone.
      It's all done automatically if people follow all the steps.

I thought that was explained quite clearly, but not to your satisfaction, apparently.

I'm sorry you don't feel this was a welcoming place, or that the registration process was too complicated.

I don't understand how or why you feel driven away by that, but if it has caused such an issue, perhaps it's best if you do reconsider membership here.

I'm sorry that you allowed yourself to get so caught up on the "admin validation" issue that you failed to take advantage of the full potential of the site.

Thank you for your well wishes.
      I would say the longevity and membership of this site speaks for itself. (Threads: 59,927, Posts: 706,443, Members: 4,839, Active Members: 1,242)
      Last edited by Ree; 05-05-2010, 10:07 PM.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Sorry that it didn't work out.

Best of luck!
        The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

OK...because I was really quite curious about your problem, I set up a new membership for myself to test.

I finally understand what the issue is.
          After the email link is followed and validated, you get this message:

Thank you for registering, *******. Your account has been submitted for moderation by an administrator and will be activated shortly. You will be notified by email when this happens. To return to the forums, click here.
          Now I understand your confusion, but I still don't understand why you became so upset when you were assured by several mods in this thread that we were all showing your membership as registered and validated, but still on temp moderation, even though you didn't receive the email in question.

Comment

1: Welcome...

2: I'm saying this as polite as I can. Just. Chill. Seriously.

I've read every post in this thread. It's pretty clear. If you already starting to lose your temper over such minor issues, despite how clear and kind the mods have been about assuring you that your a member, I'd hate to read how you treat any future employees you will managed if you get your degree.

This is a very kind site. Its full of lots of love and kindess from all members. We have alot meet ups. We share our dreams and secrets. Some people here feel closer to some members then their own family. Some have even met here and fell in love and get married.

But dude, its like.. not hard to understand. If you feel this is confusing now, wait until you read others stories.

I am pretty vocal. Even mean sometimes. I will defend others here if I have too. Just becareful, and be nice ok?

This site saved my sanity. More then once. Its brought me more friends then I ever thought I ever could achieve in reality. Its a good site. Don't be your username and go nuts over minor stuff, ok?

that being said, One Winged Angel is still awesome theme.
            Military Spouse Support.
            http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
            Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

OK...this is probably too late, since you've already declared that you were driven away by our unfriendliness, but just an explanation:

That is a default wording on this forum software that didn't really mean much because of our modified registration process.
              We hadn't bothered to edit since we really didn't think about it. It had been so long since any of us joined, that we didn't recall any of the messages that popped up as we registered. You were only 1 out of 4,839 members to notice and be so bothered by it despite repeated assurances from several mods that you were a validly registered member.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention, though.
              I believe it's been edited now.

Comment

Working...
              X