X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warehouse guy cut someone else's lock...because of me

Still can't believe I did this.

I went to gather my crap from my locker after my shift, entered combination...nothing. The lock mechanism was very sticky, and I'd been having problems with it all last week (I think it got wet when unlocked at some point). Curse and wish I had something I could use to make a shim (I'd shimmed it open a few times before), and try a few more times.

Nothing. I go back up and ask J if he knew where the boltcutter was kept as my lock was jammed. He calls A (warehouse manager) and says A will meet me in the locker room.

We try the combination a few more times, still nothing. So A cuts the lock. Opens the locker and...

That's not my stuff!

Turned out my brain somehow transposed the locker number (say 342 instead of 324) and the coat rack that was in the corner next to the locker at the time had been moved. I had also left a section of the combination sticker on the back just in case this happened, and so had this person (in apparently the same place).

I'm an idiot who needs to find a paint pen for my lock, or start keeping my crap in the same locker.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Of course, the other guy will probably try to keep this from happening again, by marking HIS lock with a paint pen - same colour, and same place, as you do.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
    X