This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tea? Coffee? Kitty?

A cafe in Vienna just opened; it offers food and five real, live kitties for customers to enjoy.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/viennas-first-cat-cafe

real life LOLcats?
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I've always thought that the Tokyo cat cafes were an awesome idea; although I'm not sure our food-hygiene laws would let anyone open one here in the states (I'd work there!). I love the kitty jungle gym decor. Moritz is beautiful
      Last edited by Dreamstalker; 05-12-2012, 07:38 PM.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I've been in stores that have cats or dogs on the premises. I love it.

There's a gift shop here with two kitties, and a coffee place (selling the beans) that has a lovely black Lab.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

In grad school I shopped at a feed store that had one or two cats (can't remember) that lived there. Unfortunately, they sometimes chewed into the bags of cat food.

Also, I have this picture as a screensaver on my Nook:

]
          "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

I love stores that have cats. I used to frequent a couple bookstores that had resident bibliocats
            The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

I love stores with animals. There used to be an awesome hole-in-the-wall bookstore downtown with a creaky floor, dim lighting, dusty shelves up to the ceiling, and two resident felines; one of them I swear knew me on sight (as well he should; I practically lived in that place).

There were a few bookstores around here with resident cats; a few years back I remember one was hit by a car because the store owner didn't have a sign (it's not clear if the owner had a brainfart and left the door open or a customer let it out)

The bookstore I worked at had a mouse problem for awhile and we were considering getting a cat, but since the store allowed dogs Bosslady didn't think it would work out too well (also I think at that time the store had an interior motion-sensing alarm).
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

That's the sort of place Gordon Shumway (sitcom ALF) would want to go to - but he'd have the wrong idea about why a cafe would have cats.

Was at the Dansville NY TA recently, and taped to the counter of the convenience store (also the motel registration desk) was a note saying their accommodations no longer included pets - due to the grammatical error, it sounds like you now need to bring your own pet rather than them supplying one, when it's actually a change that they now no longer ALLOW pets.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

that's adorable!

reminds me of the brewer i use to like buying beer from in my hometown. they had cats walking the showroom / bar area

but nowhere as catty as this cafe

Comment

Before Hurricane Ike, there was a restaurant in Galveston called the Captain's Table. We elected to sit in the bar area. When we arrived a large grey tabby strutted nearby. A local barfly slurred out, "That's Stormy. If you order the flounder, he'll be your friend."
                    Mrs. TGK did and and Stormy let her pet him (for a chunk of flounder, needless to say). She couldn't finish her flounder and a waitress assured her that she would save the rest for the cats (we saw several other cats dart around) as, "They only eat flounder."
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                      I love stores with animals.
                      Me too; I've been to quite a few used book stores and model train stores with their own pet cats. The cats are usually friendly and add a bit of color of the place.
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I'd love to frequent a place like that but I've not come across any around here.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

my local game store has store cats... i think they even had a dog or 2, or maybe they just let someone bring their well behaved, interacts well with cats (or atleast knows its place) Corgi in ....
                          I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Working...
                          X