This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behold the glory that is my muttonchop sideburns

There's a photography project called the Self Evident Truths Project dedicated to putting a real, human face on gay and lesbian issues. They swept across the South earlier this year, and my boyfriend and I participated when they came to Asheville.

Click **here** to view a map of all the locations they've visited across the country.

Click **here** to view the pictures that were taken in Asheville, the only North Carolina stop they made. The very first pictures is of me. Behold the glory that is my muttonchop sideburns. My boyfriend is the second portrait. I have some friends who came later in the day whose pictures are farther down.
    Drive it like it's a county car.

Glorious muttonchops! They did a wonderful job on your portraits and this seems like a great project. When I'm not at work, I'm going to look into this more.

Comment

Muttonchops! I think those look great. Very English.

The little girl with the pixie cut at the end of your row is too cute,
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Heck of a set of muttonchops! Not my favorite face decoration, but well done!

Cute BF, and both your shirts are nifty.
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

*Looks at own beard*

*Is now sad*

Comment

Thank you for your kind comments, although I can always find fault with a picture of myself. Personally, I think I look like a sex offender in that picture. In my defense, though, that photo was taken after I had worked a 12 hour shift at a factory, and they wouldn't let me wear my glasses -- and as we all know, glasses can hide a multitude of sins in the form of bags under the eyes.
            Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

If it weren't for the long hair, I'd almost think you could look like Ron Burgundy.

You stay classy, Asheville!
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Honestly, it's a wonderful picture. It seems very powerful and intense, not exhausted. It's fitting for the project that they are working on.

Comment

Quoth Lvl_9_Gazebo View Post
                  I can always find fault with a picture of myself.
                  I think that may be a default state for many people. Personally can't stand getting pics taken, hence why I tend to wear hats quite often, so as to hide at least half my face.

It's a good picture of you, though, with the above, suppose I can only say as much cause it's from the outside.

Comment

Hmmm....they haven't stopped anywhere where my cousins are. I have one who has some serious old-school mutton-chops. Like, Ambrose Burnside muttonchops. Seriously.

Yours are much more modern and trim. I like yours. You are doing it right. Every time I see a pic of my coz on the other hand, I want to fly over there with a hair trimmer...
                    Last edited by bhskittykatt; 05-18-2012, 10:53 PM.
                    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

A very excellent site; didn't see anyone from my hometown though
                      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I need to check this site (and movement) out more throughly later on. Both my roomie and I are LGBT and I've been wanting to start advocating (especially since I moved back to Tennessee *hiss*).

Eta: both your pic and your boyfriend's are great L9G. ^_^
                        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Working...
                        X