This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I have a new job

And not only me, but my husband too. We're working together at the same place. He's the GM.

Frankly, other than being totally and utterly exhausted due to a lack of employees and having to be there anywhere from 8-14 hours (averaging around 12 hours) a day nearly every day for the last two weeks, I couldn't be happier. And employees are being hired, so I get my first day off soon.

Very small hotel, and so much work, but I'm actually loving it.

I really hope this keeps up. Though I have to admit, some real sleep will be wonderful. So will the chance to finally get my hair cut after months of holding off, and to buy a sweater or two at a store.

It's nice to finally be able to pay bills and not be living off savings and unemployment.

Congratulations, Moirae! Good to hear you're enjoying it, despite the incredibly long hours -- but it's also nice to hear they're hiring more people so you'll start getting some time off soon!

Comment

Congrats! I'm glad 2013 is take a promising start for you!
      Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Thats great!!!

Comment

WHOO HOO! Awesome start to the New Year!
          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Excuse me for the slight de-rail...

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
            WHOO HOO! Awesome start to the New Year!
            OMFG RWH IS BACK D:

...ahem. Congrats, Moirae, hope it stays that way. You and your DH seriously deserve it.
            By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

So glad 2012 is behind us. I had my first day off yesterday, and another one today. Yay!

I'm going out this afternoon to do some shopping and get my hair cut. I can't wait.

Comment

Grats Moirae!

Comment

Could they use a former janitor as a housekeeper?
                  Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Congratulations! It seems like things are going better for many members of this site!

Comment

Working...
                    X