This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to tell Minecraft hates you

Woo another post on that fun lego for adults game Minecraft. This time the topic is, as it says above, How to tell the game hates you. My example is after finally getting some mods to work, I made a new world and let me say I'm glad I made it a creative world since the game spawned me at the bottom of a pool of lava. yes the game spawned me in lava instead of nice safe ground. Piece of !! So awesome people of CS, if you have ever played let me hear your tales or ideas of how the game hates you.
    ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

You win.

Worst I usually get is when the game suddenly ignores me holding down shift (for those of you wondering it's sneak mode and renders you unable to move off blocks)

...in the nether
    ...over the lava lake
    ...with a full inventory of really tough to get items.

There's a reason why my policy for lava is "as far away as possible"

(I usually play in peaceful so I usually only have to worry about environmental hazards.)
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

1) A friend of mine and I were playing it Skyblocks style. She set up the server, I logged in..and immediately spawned into the void. I died like three times this way before finally, as I was falling the fourth time, switching to creative mode and flying back up.

2) Previously mentioned friend and I were playing FTB. After about a week of successful play, whenever I logged in, I would fall through the world and get stuck with a black/dirt screen.

3) On one of my single player worlds, I decided to play on easy mode instead of peaceful. Carved out a nice little mountainside base for myself, went outside to survey the land, and bumped right into an Enderman.

4) My first time playing Tekkit almost turned out like your example, Darkroxas. I started up my new world and spawned precariously close to a lava pit.

5) My first time playing Technic, I had all sorts of big aspirations after seeing screenshots of my friend's game. I was going to built all sorts of quarries and cool shit. My spawn point? A 5x3 island in the middle of the ocean.
      Last edited by firecat88; 06-30-2014, 04:11 PM.
      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
        5) My first time playing Technic, I had all sorts of big aspirations after seeing screenshots of my friend's game. I was going to built all sorts of quarries and cool shit. My spawn point? A 5x3 island in the middle of the ocean.
        Why am I suddenly thinking of the "Gilligan's Island" theme?
        ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

Resonant Rise, pre IC2 removal. So, fairly high lag, strong and super aggressive hecates (related, really...they're on zombie code and had some of the same spawning bugs). New to Thaum 4, also.

On FTB I'd picked near a pillar, not knowing what it was, and it turned out ok...that node and I ended up best of friends eventually. So, I found an interesting looking area that suited my tastes for bee breeding, straddled the line between taiga, a small ice plain, and an extreme hills. Pillar up on the hill, but no big...

After a while playing I notice there's a darker patch of land...well, that's strange but we arrived at night, maybe it's just biome quirks...on the other side are 2 more pillars and 3 darkening plots of land. Well, it's just swamp-colored, nothing to worry about, right?

Little more exploring, and the most infamous words of TC4 get uttered..."Hey. what's this purple shit?"

That took bloody AGES to clean up, lol.
          "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
          - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth darkroxas45 View Post
            Why am I suddenly thinking of the "Gilligan's Island" theme?
            Gilligan's Island...but with way fewer resources. No coal, no stone. Not even a freakin' tree. XD Just sand and a snake. Even flying off the mini-island in creative mode, it still took me a good 15 minutes to find a patch of land big enough to work with.
            "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
              Pillar up on the hill, but no big...
              Don't you just LOVE sinister nodes?
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
                Gilligan's Island...but with way fewer resources.
                Pity you can't draft the Professor from the old show -- give him 3 coconuts, some bamboo, and a string, and that fucker will MacGuyver you up a fully-functional 747 ...
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

At the moment, I am only on the XBox 360 edition, but I'm sooo addicted. I think the best example of the game trolling me was when I spawned into the Nether once... and fell directly into lava, because my portal was sitting on the edge of a cliff. Yep. Instead of being in a safe spot, the damn portal was on a cliff, perched where whoever spawned in would fall to a fiery death. Very funny, game. Very funny.
                  "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                    ... give him 3 coconuts, some bamboo, and a string ...
                    That was Mary Ann's bathing suit and surfboard...
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                      At the moment, I am only on the XBox 360 edition, but I'm sooo addicted. I think the best example of the game trolling me was when I spawned into the Nether once... and fell directly into lava, because my portal was sitting on the edge of a cliff. Yep. Instead of being in a safe spot, the damn portal was on a cliff, perched where whoever spawned in would fall to a fiery death. Very funny, game. Very funny.
                      Yeah, that happens sometimes. In Achievement Hunter's "Let's Play Minecraft" series, they've done some trolling to the others playing, like building a house with a portal to the Nether... which leads to a portal high in the air on a platform of wool. It came into play during their "Level 30 Enchantment" video. (The objective was enchant a bow with a Level 30 enchantment, so they spent quite some time leveling up.) More than one of the gang went through a portal that took them to that booby-trapped portal-- and they immediately came under attack by Ghasts.

At the end of the game, after one of their number (Jack) had already won, another (Ryan) decided to try to get a couple more notches to make Level 30, since he was at Level 29. So he jumped through a portal-- and the Ghast knocked the wool out from under him, and he plummeted to his death.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                      X