This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That`s just stupid!

So I had a nice long 4-day weekend (we got Monday off), I took the kid to various beaches, fireworks, parks, got a bunch of stuff done on the yard and just had a relaxing weekend, with lots of fun and very little work. I did meet some special guys (all men for some reason) this weekend though:

Guy number 1: I took the yard waste to the dump, which works like every dump I have ever been to. There is a booth/office with the employee, with an exit and entrance ramp on either side, so you can talk to them through the window, and this dump, like a lot of them, has a scale on either ramp, so they can charge dumping fees by weight. I got in line for the entrance scale, waited my turn and like everyone before me got on the scale when the car in front of me left it. I stopped to talk the employee and the car behind me was already on the scale, but since yard waste is free it wasn`t a problem for me. The employee tells me which pile to dump in, I drive in and the car behind me follows without stopping to talk to him, follows me to the compost pile, and starts taking out garbage bags and throwing them in the compost pile. So the employee came over to yell at the driver who was behind me, made him climb through the compost to pick up his garbage, told him what bin to dump it in, told him what the fee would be, and explained he had to pay on his way out or the police would be called. The driver kept protesting that it was `stupid` that there were no signs or instructions, and he hadn`t known to stop and talk the employee, and the employee kept saying, `it`s what everyone in front of you had done!` It was also `stupid` that the dump charged fees, just like every other dump in the province . I stayed around long enough to see him stop and pay, so no police needed, but really, if I had never been to the dump before I think I would at least stop and ask what to do.

Guy number 2: At the grocery store, a SUV was stopped in front of the crosswalk-type area in front of the store doors for about 12 seconds before he zooms into it, shaking his fist and screaming `how fucking long does it take to walk across the road` and almost knocking over the one-legged man who was crutching his way across it. You, Mr Angry SUV Driver, are an asshole, the king of the assholes, and I hope you get three flats on your way home!

Guy number 3: Was actually nice, I met him at the beach, and even though I was in a swimsuit he still wanted to chat at me, and asked for my phone number. That made me smile

Guy number 4: I also met at the beach. He`s one of those guys that when you give them half a glass of water and ask if its half full or half empty he looks at it suspiciously before saying `it`s poison right?` So Cranky McGrumpypants told me about all the things he had discovered about my neck of the woods, and what he thought of them (hint, the thread title is named after him)
    - It`s stupid that the roads aren`t flat (neither is the ground they`re on, but I guess we should have fixed that before building the roads?)
    - It`s stupid that the roads aren`t laid out in a grid, how do we know where we are? (we use these fancy things called maps, but I can see the confusion, they`ve only been around for about 16 000 years, so maybe the technology hasn`t reached him yet)
    - It`s stupid that liquor is sold at the liquor store (as opposed to the....? I don`t even want to know what store he thought it should be at)
    - It`s stupid that there is no life guard at the beaches (there are actually more public swim areas than people who live here, it`s a little impractical to have a lifeguard at each of them, WATCH YOUR OWN DAMN KID)
    - It`s stupid that it rained Monday (I guess it doesn`t rain on Mondays where he`s from?)
    - It`s stupid that I tied my car key to the string from my bathing suit bottoms (I suppose you give yours to the lifeguard who should be here? I give up)
    I`m pretty sure the only thing I said to him was `Why are you still here?` He answered me. I need to learn to keep my mouth shut.

Guy number 5: kept taking pictures of the fireworks with his flash on. He was standing right beside me. I wanted to throw his phone in the lake. He also said to his wife `I didn`t know that boats glowed in the dark` after seeing the boats out on the lake watching with their rear lights on to avoid accidents. I hope she smacked him when they got home.

It was a good weekend, I just couldn`t believe the number of stupid/annoying/weird people I met.
    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

#3- I'm sure it's BECAUSE you were in a swimsuit that he wanted to chat at you
    #4-Where pray tell does he hang his car keys when he's swimming?
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

You obviously haven`t seen me in a swimsuit lately! He must be a boob man, everything below the breastbone isn`t looking that pretty lately, even my abs have jiggle on them, and they're usually pretty good.
      Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Boob men of the world,gather,we salute you!
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Hey, now, lots of guys like some nice, soft cushioning. For that matter, I can't say I disapprove of of curvy and cuddlesome either.
          You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Wowser. Guy #1 epitomizes the truly contrary nature of SCs everywhere. Signs everywhere with step-by-step instructions? Corner an employee and garble whatever they tell you to screw things up.

NO signs or instructions anywhere? Completely ignore the employee that you were within feet of for minutes, then bitch and moan about the lack of signs.

Can't win for losing.

Comment

Maternal hips and thighs = signs of honour. (Also signs of a functional set of female hormones, but meh.)

NC, your body functions well enough that you can run up and down stairs multiple times a day without slowing down or needing to stop to catch your breath. While hauling loads of building materials. Let artificial standards of beauty go find a lake to jump into.

If your abs worry you, get a doctor (a good one!) to assess them. If there's a narrow layer of fat over them and you can't see a six-pack, meh: the female body is supposed to have some fat there. Protective layer, pads the babymaker. It's only when that layer gets too thick that it's a problem; I don't know how thick is 'too thick', but a family doctor's supposed to.

'jiggle' is not really an issue. 'jiggle' means your body has soft tissue on it. And muscle at relaxation is soft tissue! Find out what your waist/hip ratio is at a healthy fat level for you, and stop rating yourself by 'jiggle'.

In the interim, get a good leather belt. On the inside of the belt, at the hole you are now, mark the month/year. At the hole you think might be your ideal waist measurement, write 'goal'. If there's more holes between now and there, mark the month/year you achieve each hole.

When you reach each hole, have your doctor do a basic health checkup. Once you're at your highest healthy waist measurement, mark that on the belt. If you are unfortunate enough to find your lowest healthy waist measurement the hard way, mark that on your belt as well.

Other garments which can be used as helpful weight management tools: non-stretch fitted pants - the sort guys wear as suit pants, that are best when tailored to the individual. And a non-stretch fitted jacket, that is fitted at the shoulder, the waist, and (for ladies) the bust. A non-stretch straight skirt can be useful for women, too: straight or pencil, so long as it's fitted at waist, hip and thigh.
              Last edited by Seshat; 07-03-2014, 12:03 PM.
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                Boob men of the world,gather,we salute you!
                My partner is officially in love with you at the moment. (he's a tit man )
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
                  Guy number 2: At the grocery store, a SUV was stopped in front of the crosswalk-type area in front of the store doors for about 12 seconds before he zooms into it, shaking his fist and screaming `how fucking long does it take to walk across the road` and almost knocking over the one-legged man who was crutching his way across it. You, Mr Angry SUV Driver, are an asshole, the king of the assholes, and I hope you get three flats on your way home!
                  Ooh, just reading this made me want to the bastard. I can imagine how seeing it happen made you feel!
                  Quoth Seshat View Post
                  Maternal hips and thighs = signs of honour. (Also signs of a functional set of female hormones, but meh.)
                  Agreed. We tend to judge ourselves by the pictures in magazines, and that is a standard only about 1% of women can reach. As long as you are healthy, that is all that counts.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                    We tend to judge ourselves by the pictures photoshops in magazines, and that is a standard only about 1 0% of women people can reach.
                    ftfy. And ain't it the truth. Glad more folks are becoming more aware of it - especially women. Too many health risks going down that road.

Comment

Guy number 4: I`m pretty sure the only thing I said to him was `Why are you still here?` He answered me. I need to learn to keep my mouth shut.
                      What on earth did he say?

Comment

He`s one of those guys that when you give them half a glass of water and ask if its half full or half empty he looks at it suspiciously before saying `it`s poison right?` .
                        Oh yeah, I KNOW that kind.

And that's before he even went on the "that's stupid" tirade.

(Way to prove you still think like a six-year-old, BTW)

People like that honestly believe that their stated disapproval of the world should be enough to force it to fall all over itself in the rush to conform itself to their liking... there's no other reason to keep a running dialogue of "faults" you find with it.
                        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

You, Mr Angry SUV Driver, are an asshole, the king of the assholes, and I hope you get three flats on your way home!
                          That's unwarranted - why do you hope the other 2 tires (including the spare) stay inflated?

Quoth Seshat View Post
                          In the interim, get a good leather belt. On the inside of the belt, at the hole you are now, mark the month/year. At the hole you think might be your ideal waist measurement, write 'goal'. If there's more holes between now and there, mark the month/year you achieve each hole.
                          Be sure to use this belt only for checking, and not as your daily-wear belt. Leather belts stretch over time. I went from the middle hole to the last hole in about 7 years without cutting down my waist measurement.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                          X