X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I don't even see a watermelon that looks like a watermelon."
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• "Sometimes, the only thing to do is to nuke it all and start over from scratch."

Comment

• "I'd like to say that's the weirdest thing I've ever done, but I can't."

Comment

• "Have a great fourth of July!"
          *looks at date stamp of post*
          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
          -Mira Furlan

Comment

• I don't mind coming to work, but this eight-hour wait to go home is bullsh*t!
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• {Colleague's name here}, why the hell do weird things always seem to happen whenever you work with {other colleague}?!
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

• "How did you do that so fast?"
                "I can even do it blindfolded!"
                "I really don't want to know how you found that out."

Comment

• "Type the percent sign. It's above the 5 on your keyboard, so you have to hold down the shift key."
                  [no, really? ]
                  "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                  -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Quoth Ghel View Post
                    "Type the percent sign. It's above the 5 on your keyboard, so you have to hold down the shift key."
                    [no, really? ]
                    Speaking as someone in the IT field, if they're saying this, then it's because they've had far too many people NOT know where the % key was, AND not know they have to hold shift too.

There's a little trick we use at work to get workstation IDs off of terminals, without having to crawl under the desk to read the label (which may not be accurate). From the login screen (username/password screen), if one types "." in the username field, it changes the note under the prompt from "Log onto: [network]" to "Log onto: [workstation ID]"

Because so many people think, when I say "backslash" that I mean this symbol --> /, I will ALWAYS state, "The backslash is the one above the Enter key." (Since, on the standardized keyboards we have at The Client, that's where the \ key is located.)
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• I get that, Jay. Perhaps I should have added the other quote said by the same person not 30 seconds before the one above:

"[Ghel], you're good with technology..."
                      -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Quoth Ghel View Post
                        I get that, Jay. Perhaps I should have added the other quote said by the same person not 30 seconds before the one above:

"[Ghel], you're good with technology..."
                        Okay, in that case, the roll of the eyes is perfectly justified.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• "Let's keep the monitors even and the technicians odd."
                          This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

• "This chocolate tastes like shrimp."
                            Note to self: Hot glass looks like Cold glass.

Comment

• "Can someone explain to me how potato salad has an allergen warning for shrimp?"

Comment

• "Why are Mini Eggs on holiday?"

"Because America."
                                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                                X