This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *sniff* *sniff* What's that smell?

Perhaps this was karma. I'd just finished talking to my PA about a couple of sales staff who I'd noticed were a bit on the nose, and was on my way to round them up so I could have the possibly awkward conversation with them that they need to get some deoderant.

On my way out though I noticed a customer who looked like he needed to be served, my sales team were all tied up, so I started serving him. Middle aged guy about 50, well dressed, well spoken, polite, so far it's a pretty straightforward simple sale.

But then I smelt it. It was faint at first, but it got stronger. What is that smell? Uh-huh, now it's strong enough to be unmistakeable. It couldn't be, could it? nah, not possible. It's still getting stronger. Yep, it is, no doubt about it. Urine. Yep, definitely the smell of quite strong urine. It's still getting stronger, is he pissing himself as we speak? I'm starting to gag now, the smell is so strong. I'm feeling quite ill. He hasn't skipped a beat. Surely he has to know the smell is there. If I step back a pace or 2 it won't be so strong. I made that personal space for a reason, why did you have to close it? I'm gagging again. Stop asking me questions and just buy it!!! There's no-one else near, it has to be you, how can you not smell that? How can you just keep asking me questions as if nothing's wrong? You'll take it? THANKYOU. There's your product, there's the register, thanks for your business, now excuse me while I go and attempt to settle my stomach.

I had to wash my face and hands with perfumed soap to make myself feel clean again. I forgot all about addressing my smelly staff - they were like a bed of roses in comparison.

A lot of times I'd encounter people who for want of a better word-STINK! So I'd take several steps back cause strong smells make me sick & they'd get pissed. I wouldn't care-I don't care to bask in someone's B.O. or whatever the case may be. Emily Post be damned...lol.

Comment

Feel grateful you dont have to iron their pants like I do!

Seriously, I'm gonna ask the boss if I can take some Febreeze to work once I have the cash. We have some industrial stuff but we can't use it on th eclothes - I use it to douse the machines and stuff so the smell doesnt get on everything.

They need to make smell-remover gunk for a dry cleaning washer.
      Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Working...
      X