This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Bosses.

I'm starting to think I may have some of the nicest bosses around.

My bosses are a young engaged couple who own a private pet supply business.

3 weeks ago, I fell down on my way home from work and dislocated my knee. I'm in a foreign country with no family and not a lot of close friends. In that instance, I decided to call my boss to see if they could pick me up from the hospital. Despite their busy workload, they drove out, waited in the waiting room with me while I was fitted with a leg brace, then stopped past a McDonalds to get me some dinner on the way to my house.

That was really nice of them.

I came back to work the next day (I spend the majority of my time sitting down anyway), and they ended up driving me home for the next couple of days until I assured them I could just take a bus. They also make sure I don't do any heavy lifting right now, filling up the heavy dog food bags and leaving me with all the easy stuff. They also pop in whenever a delivery comes so I don't have to do it.

I was worried when I got hurt that I could possibly lose my job.

But the two things that have finally made me decide that they are just the best;
    -One of my bosses drove me to the airport to hand in my Visa Waiver card (allows me to get into the US, but has to be replaced every 3 months or they ban you from reentering for a year or so).
    -This morning, they were running really early for their daughters swimming lessons, so they decided to drive up my street to see if I wanted a lift into work.

I think I struck gold with this job.

Wow. Wow. And Wow. This is a rare find. I think you do have the best bosses ever!

The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

I am lucky to have bosses that good, too. Even though the job does not pay what I was used to making, every time I apply for a better paying job I get a little sad at the thought of leaving there.
      "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

I have a semi-awesome boss as well. not so much in the sense that she'll go out of her way to do stuff like you did, but she'll always take our side unless there's a legit reason for her not to do so.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I'll bet that one of the reasons they are so wonderful is that you are wonderful too!
          Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

You really lucked out. Those are great people!
            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
            X