This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Dilemma

I really don't know where to put this, but since it's about work (or possible work), I suppose I'll put it here until told otherwise. Now, Fun Land is, well, fun, but it's rather far off. The hours are unpredictable, and to be honest, I don't like how far away it is.

So then I went to the mall, and there was a pet store still hiring! Oh goodie, animals! So I picked up an application, went on a minuscule shopping spree and proceeded to fill it out. The problem? I'm not stupid. I know some pet stores get their supplies from puppy mills and whatnot, so I googled it. There's no definite 'list', but I read that this was the same company that still sold puppies infected with a dangerous outbreak! This was years ago, but this seems like a big red flag to me. Because if I managed to get the job, and found out they were selling mill puppies, I couldn't stand the guilt of enabling it. And if I quit that job, I'd most certainly have quit the other beforehand.

Do you think I did the right thing by not applying? I enjoy working with animals, but the sheer possibility of this 'reputation' I've read on has really turned me off on it. I don't think I could even lie to the customers about that if I was paid to do it! I'm still trying to find closer places, but now that summer has hit, a lot of teens will be filling the cracks.
    My only regret is that I don't have a better word for "F@#k You".

Definitely yes, you made the right decision. One should never work in a place that goes so against their personal beliefs and values.
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Absolutely. You'd be in a much more stressful predicament if you got in there and found that they are selling mill puppies and found yourself torn between your values and making a living.
      The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

If you cannot personally do that job, don't even bother trying to apply for it. There will not be a happy ending.

Comment

Working...
        X