X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth protege View Post
    I have a baaaad kitty.

If he gets bored, he gets into anything and everything. Just last night, I caught him chewing on a DVD cover box.

His other favorite thing to do is to hide. He'll hide under the kitchen table,
    You know, if I'm reading or playing my gameboy on my bed, Thelma will climb on my chest and start chewing on the bookend or gameboy. She also hides behind the refridagtor whenever a kid comes over, so we think she was abused by them when she was younger, as she fears them all.

Cept /pumpkin head/ as we call her. She seems to love her for some reason. o_O.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Iradney--I'm very familiar with the "paw" moves. We taught my mom's yellow lab, Sunny, to "give paw" as a command, thinking it was neat. She now will smack you if she wants a treat, with no regard to the fact that she is huge, and it does hurt. Sunny also thinks she is a lap dog, and is rather large for that, at 93+lbs. She too does the "head tilt," especially when you ask her questions.

Our favorite thing that Sunny does though, is her "I've got something I'm not sposed to have" dance. Basically, if you're upstairs or in another room, and she gets ahold of a towel/sock/entire coffee cake/etc that she's not supposed to have, she does this little happy dance that you can hear from almost anywhere in the house, that totally gives her away. It's really rather adorable.

As for my kitties, Franzia is a trouble maker. She likes to sit in the bathtub and meow at the ceiling, especially when I'm trying to sleep. She also has to be in there to check out the drips after I shower, will play in the toilet if you leave the lid up and sleeps in the bathroom sink. Lily likes to sleep on top of me, especially in the winter, and can hear the sound of a can of food being opened from a mile away. She occasionally will get too excited about her food, eat it all in 2.2 seconds, then wander out into the living room, look pointedly at me, and puke it all up on my carpet.

If I'm talking on my phone, they seem to assume I'm talking to them, and like to be on my chest until my conversation is done. They also both will rub their faces on my face, and even my mouth, while I'm talking.

They have leashes and like to go outside on them. They've escaped exactly once since I've owned them---in the summer when my A/C was not working, I'd leave the slider open, just a screen door between them and outside. One day while I was running errands, they climbed the screen and knocked it off the tracks, onto the balcony. When I got home, Lily was chilling on the balcony railing, and ran inside as soon as she saw me. I closed the door, then found Franzia downstairs on my neighbors balcony, curled up in a corner and scared out of her mind. I had to carry her back upstairs, and they haven't tried it since.
      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Bayley our current cat is the best! She's a little ginger girl, and behaves more like a dog than a cat.

1. we tought her to play fetch! She LOVES playing it and will often bring the ball to you when she's in the mood

2. we tought her how to go to the toilet ON the ACTUAL toilet hehe she uses the pitty

3. she loves making new friends and will go up to almost anyone and ask for a ascratch or for them to play fetch with her.

4. she's a sneaky litle bugger. Once we kicked her out of the lounge room because she was being a pain. 5 min later she was sitting at the balcony door begging to be let in, we'd forgotten to close our windows! lol let her in, and kicked her out of theloung room again but this time I closed the windows in the bedroom. 5 min later she was outside again begging to be let in, lol she worked out how to open them!

she makes me laugh, chasing her tail and all that
        I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

I posted this in its own thread months ago, but it's such a nutty story that it bears repeating. I *still* die a little bit inside when I think about it!

=================================

"So, I signed my pup Rocco up for obedience classes through Pet Smart, and this class has been *great*- worth every penny, I swear!

Tonight was our second to last class, and we were practicing leash walking all through the store. We made the mistake of walking through the fish section, which already creeped me out because I'm deathly afraid of most fish, especially GOLDFISH.

I hatehatehatehateHATE goldfish. I do ok when I'm around fish as long as there is a lid on the tank, but if there isn't I pretty much stay out of the area, period. I know, I'm nuts.

So, the instructor led the class all around the store, and I had no choice but to venture through the fish area. All was well, until I saw a feeder goldfish flopping around on the floor!

Which freaked me the hell out, naturally!

And got Rocco really, REALLY excited about it without meaning to.

I pulled back on the leash, but in my panic mode accidentally dropped it. Rocco took off, snatched up the poor fish, and chomped down on it!

Which made me scream even harder and run away! I actually hid behind another dog owner, swear to Gord. The instructor tried to pry the fish out of his mouth, but it was too late. He scarfed it down and licked his little doggie lips.

Which practically killed me right on the spot. I was SO freaked out, and still am!

So of course, chaos ensues, everyone in the class and surrounding area freaks out and then laughs at me (well, with me, I'm humiliated but I still think it's funny), and I'm sobbing hysterically and laughing at the same time. I remember even offering to pay for the fish, I was so beside myself!

I'm just glad I didn't pee myself. Honestly, I wouldn't have been suprised if I did. If ANYTHING were going to make me pee out of fear, this would!

The worst part? Minutes later, Rocco tried to lick my face. HELL FREAKING NO!

I'm still in shock. Just... AUGHGHAH! EWW! GAG! VNLSFGUSDOI! *dies*"
          "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

I had my kitten for 2 weeks before she gave me a heart attack.
            There are some trees in our backyard that are 4 stories high. I know this since my house is the same height. See where this is going?
            Now we had a collar with a bell on it for her, but she was so small the damned thing wouldn't fit and she hated it.
            My husband and I were leaving to go to work, and the garage is in the basement pretty much so we went downstairs, closed the door behind us and opened the garage door.
            Then my husband realized he had forgotten something and went back upstairs but didn't close the door behind him.
            When he came down, he said he didn't see her up there...I was worried and I went up to look for her.
            No where in the house.
            We eventually realized she had darted through the door he had left open and went out the garage!
            He had to get to work, so I called in sick and went looking.
            There was this crow in the trees cawing the whole time I combed the alley and under any cars in the street.
            My neighbour said he hadn't seen any little black and white kittens running around.
            I was freaking out, I felt like such a bad kitty owner.
            Then my neighbour said he heard something. A very faint mewing between crow caws.
            We looked up to the crow and in the tree next to him, 3 stories above ground was a tiny black and white kitten crying.
            GAHHHHH!!
            She looked at me and kept crying and crying.
            She slowly started to come down, but made as if she wanted to jump at me every few branches.
            She cried the whole way down and it was her genius idea to climb the tree in the first place.
            I eventually pulled her off a branch when she came close enough and she nuzzled my neck right away and stopped crying.
            She got as many kitty treats as she could eat and was wrestled into the bell collar right away.

Comment

Shortly after we moved into our current house, about 6 years ago now, a skinny little cat started visiting our yard. We convinced Mum to buy some cat food, and started feeding this adorable but clearly under-fed cat. (She had a collar so we knew she wasn't a stray.) Turns out she lived across the street, but didn't get fed over there cos their other cats scared her off. So we adopted her! This became official when we bought her a cat-bowl. Dad's reaction: "Oh great, I hate cats!"

Her name is actually Tana, but I call her Sunday, cos she's a lazy thing. Now she's fat enough to be called 'fat cat' by Mum. Dad is the only one whose lap she'll sit on. She gets to sleep on my bed when she likes, but always meows to wake me up between 3am and 5am. That's really bad for my beauty sleep!

When I'm home alone and Sunday's inside, I know where to find her. Upstairs on my parents' bathmat. If her water bowl is empty, she'll drink from the shower floor. Like many cats, she hates water! One time we tried to wash her. Started filling the tub, closed the bathroom door so she was stuck with us. She huddled against the door, meowing, so we gave up. I guess she'll just have to stay dirty.

She's a good cat and I love her heaps, as you can tell. I like to pick her up and tell her how good she is, or sometimes how bad she is, but always in a happy voice ("who's my good/bad little kitty?" etc). That way she never learns what my parents don't want her to do, like sleep on their bed. Like most pets, she's shockingly spoiled.

When I was little, we had a dog, Gypsy (RIP). She was a mix, part sheep-dog. Used to bite Mum's heels when she was a puppy. On hot days, she was allowed inside, though she'd mostly just nap on her mat then. I mostly remember her around 10 years old (she was a year older than me). She was a fantastic dog, very well-behaved. Liked a little bit of fetch, but mostly just liked attention. Loved a walk, and being let off her leash for a run around the park. She didn't do anything funny, really, but she lived to be 19. I miss her.
              Michael: Maybe you'll be inspired by the boat party tonight and start a career as a pirate.
              Tobias: I haven't packed for that.
              <3 Arrested Development

Comment

My cat's a little crazy. His full name is actually Prince Gandalf the Grey Schizophrenic Almighty Giver of Wisdom and Advice. I just call him Gandalf though.

He used to hate when I talked on the phone cause it meant I wasn't paying attention to him. This was in high school when cell phones were only for emergencies and I had a real phone in my room, with the little button that switched between calls (for call waiting) or disconnected the call. Well, Gandalf learned that if he pressed that button, I stopped talking on the phone. All my friends, if we got disconnected, would call back and ask if Gandalf was being an attention whore.

Also, whenever I was giving my friends advice, and ONLY when I was giving my friends advice, Gandalf would get right up next to the phone and start meowing at it. So we decided he was trying to help and would decipher his thoughts and figure out "his" advice. He gave good advice too.

We got Gandalf right about the time my dog wanted puppies. So Gandalf WAS her puppy. She would bath him and cuddle with him -- he often, suring the day, would sleep curled up next to her (he slept with me at night and she slept under my bed). Whenever Gandalf would do something wrong and me or one of my parents would yell his name, you could SEE Fawn sigh and then stand up and trot to wherever Gandalf was. And then she would hold him down and bathe him as punishment.

If I'm at Mom's now (Gandalf still lives with her) he HAS to be either in my arms or at my feet.

And he doesn't like to be help like a normal cat. He puts his back paws on either side of your hips and his front paws on your shoulder (sometimes he'll do both my shoulders and give me a hug). And being that he's 25 pounds and a tall, long kitty, it looks like you're holding a dang toddler.

He's ornery and picky and just wants to be loved and cuddled, but hey, he's 15. Who can deny a sweet and cute old cat?

Is it obvious I adore my baby?
                "The things that I remember best - those are the things I wasn't supposed to do…."

I'm coming back as a Schooner Wharf Bar dog.

Comment

Quoth reformedwaitress View Post
                  Is it obvious I adore my baby?
                  Isn't it obvious by this thread that we all love our babies?

I took Sunny (the yellow lab) out last night, twice, just so she could run circles in the snow up to her chest. I'm just glad she's so solid and tough, because she has a tendency to get real excited in all her running and jumping, and end up face planting on the side walk. She scared the crap outta my mom this morning when she was out with her invisible fence collar on by hiding off to the side of the house where there are no windows and not coming when my mom called for her. Guess she just wasn't ready to come inside yet.
                  "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

I borrowed Gatekeeper's cats when I was over there - the ones that would tolerate me, that is. Does that count?

Rapscallion

Comment

My boy cat (Stripes) always goes in the litter box immediately after it's been cleaned, too. And sometimes WHILE it's being cleaned. His sister (Stars) is very private. We've had them since July and I think I've seen her in there once. She just doesn't do it if we're in the room.

We did the spray bottle thing when we first got them, mostly to keep them off the table (they were declawed at 5 months ). They ran at first but then it stopped bothering them, especially Stripes. When you aim the bottle at him he crouches down and stares at you. He sees it as a challenge (also he likes water). Then we figured out that they don't like the dial tone when you put the phone on speaker, so we used that for a while. Thatt doesn't work anymore, either.

My cats were found on my cousin's boat. He was hosing it down the day after it went in the water and he found 4 newborn kittens in a cabinet, dripping wet. Now Stripes loves water (but not to be submerged) - runs into the tub when I get out of the shower, plays in the sink while I brush my teeth, splashes in his water dish; Stars will watch him but will NOT get wet.

Stars doesn't meow, she squeaks. She just doesn't have much of a voice, I guess. (I say her meow is broken.) Though yesterday she actually let out a real meow (just one). Stripes has no problem letting you know when he wants something. I hear him outside my door all the time asking to come in (I don't like to have him in my room cuz he gets into everything; Stars just comes in and hides in the space between 2 boxes under my bed.) He's working on opening doors but hasn't quite managed it yet. I think it's just a matter of time.

Yesterday my mom made cupcakes for Valentine's Day, and put one at each of our places at the table. One of them now has little kitty tongue-prints in the frosting. (Luckily he did not get sick, since it was chocolate.) Stars loves vegetables. Especially peas - she plays "pea soccer" for a while before she eats them. They also love to play with foil balls and straws. (If your cat likes balls, try a little monkey in the middle...play catch with someone else and watch the cat go nuts .) Stars's favorite place is on the footrest of the armchair, even if it's not all the way up and she's at an angle. Stripes likes to hide UNDER the chair when the footrest is up. I'm always afraid someone will close it and he'll get crushed. I think there's enough room, actually, but I don't think he'd be able to get out.

Pablo (the chihuahua in my avatar) is a character too. He belongs to my ex. He is the most pitiful thing. In that picture he's being petted, believe it or not. He's too small to get on most furniture (6 pounds, ~8 inches tall) so he wines and puts his feet on your leg until you pick him up. Then when he wants to get down he cries while looking over the edge, and going back and forth as if there will be a better place to get down at the other side. Even though he can usually get down on his own. He loves to have his belly rubbed but won't lay on his back to do it. He'll stand and arch his back so you can get your hand under him instead. If you lay him on his back he will struggle, and if that doesn't work he'll lay real still, looking around for an escape route, until you let him go.

He likes to run away when you come home - he'll run around the table or under the bed, but if you ignore him he'll creep out after you and start to whine, then when you turn around and reach for him he runs away again. Once you actually catch him the game is over and all he wants is to sleep in your lap. But when you take him for a walk you don't even need a leash...he just meanders around the yard, does his business, meanders some more, and eventually goes back to the door when he's ready. I just follow him and make sure nothing eats him . He doesn't eat much people food but LOVES goldfish crackers - he'll climb out on my arm to get one. He also likes to run back and forth on the back of the couch. Other than that, though, I think he's afraid of heights. He doesn't like stairs. Also, he doesn't bark. Except when he's at my house, my dad started playing with him when he was eating, and got him barking and growling to "protect" his food. Now half the time he won't eat at my house unless my dad plays with him first. He also won't eat on the floor. My parents got him eating on the armchair and now he won't eat anywhere else. When he's at home he usually brings his food to his bed, a few pieces at a time. Very entertaining to watch.

When we first got the cats, I still had Pablo living with me. They were 7 weeks old, and they would hiss at him. He'd just ignore them (he can't be bothered with other animal unless they get too close - I guess he didn't see them as much of a threat!), but it was so funny watching these teeny little kittens arching and hissing and you could barely even hear them. He came to visit just before Christmas and now they're bigger than him. So now he growls at them cuz he thinks they're trying to take his food (cuz they are LOL).

I could go on and on and on and...I'll stop now.
                      Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 02-15-2007, 04:42 PM.
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                        They also love to play with foil balls and straws. (If your cat likes balls, try a little monkey in the middle...play catch with someone else and watch the cat go nuts .)
                        My cat *loves* to play with foil balls. He'll bat them around the kitchen for hours. That is, until it goes through the basement door and down the steps... Then he'll sit at the top of the steps and whine. Toy mice are another favorite, as is his bumblebee and fishy toys from IKEA. Just the other night, he de-tailed one of the mice. The fun didn't stop there, as now he plays with the tail, and ignores that mouse.
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                          My cat *loves* to play with foil balls. He'll bat them around the kitchen for hours. That is, until it goes through the basement door and down the steps... Then he'll sit at the top of the steps and whine. Toy mice are another favorite, as is his bumblebee and fishy toys from IKEA. Just the other night, he de-tailed one of the mice. The fun didn't stop there, as now he plays with the tail, and ignores that mouse.
                          Stars and Stripes (we brought them home on July 3) like to play soccer with the balls, and also we'll throw them down the hall and they go tearing after them. They won't bring them back, though. They'll spend hours kicking a straw around too. Those get lost under doors, and we have to replace them when they get too chewed up. Last week I had to cut off half of a mouse tail cuz it was almost chewed through.

Pablo sleeps in the bed...I sleep on my side and he either curls up against my belly or behind my knees. He can also take up a lot of room when he wants to. I've woken up all the way on the edge of the bed while this 6 pound dog sprawls across the middle! My ex used to keep a glass of water on the headboard and we'd wake up in the middle of the night to Pablo drinking from it. (I just wonder how many times it happened and we didn't wake up...) And sometimes I'd wake up and he'd be laying on his back with his head on the pillow. The only time he'll lay on his back is when he's asleep.

One morning (when I was still with my ex) I woke up and my bf was laying behind me (spooning), and I look down and there's the dog, laying against my chest with back to me and his little paws curled around my arm. It was so cute I wish I could have taken a picture.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                            Just the other night, he de-tailed one of the mice. The fun didn't stop there, as now he plays with the tail, and ignores that mouse.
                            Both my kitties love those little furry mice. My big one has chewed the asses off of most of them. I have a basket full of assless mice

My little one is quite the destructive one. I've only had her since May, but so far she has ruined...

-my cell phone charger
                            -my camera USB cable
                            -my cell phone headset
                            -my iPod headset

There are also kitten teeth marks on the top corner of my laptop screen
                            -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                            -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Quoth BusBus View Post
                              Both my kitties love those little furry mice. My big one has chewed the asses off of most of them. I have a basket full of assless mice

My little one is quite the destructive one. I've only had her since May, but so far she has ruined...

-my cell phone charger
                              -my camera USB cable
                              -my cell phone headset
                              -my iPod headset
                              Picturing a basket full of assless mice...

Stripes tries to eat my iPod headphones too. Anything that dangles is fair game to him, and if I leave them on the table, well, apparently it's snack time...
                              Last edited by Ree; 06-27-2007, 11:27 AM. Reason: Fixing quote tags

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                                Picturing a basket full of assless mice...
                                I'm at that one too! So far, I've only found one de-tailed mouse...but I'm sure there are others. He tends to hide his toys at times, usually behind the furnace or under the couch. Another favorite thing to play with is the cord for the blinds.

Kitty got pissed last night, because I had the basement door closed. He spent most of last night sitting in the kitchen and meowing at the door. Even though he has a litterbox upstairs, he likes being able to go down there and hide. Not sure why, since it's cold down there.

Also last night, he slept under my bed. Since bringing him home, he's stayed out of the bedroom, simply because I keep the door shut. I wasn't about to have him pounce on me at 3am
                                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                                X