Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connect the Headlines, duh duh duh duh...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connect the Headlines, duh duh duh duh...

Yeah, I know, bad pun.

Little background, I live nearby Oshkosh WI, which has the fun of being Wisconsin's Event City(or so the paper tells me today). Considering things like CountryUSA, RockUSA, EAA AirVenture, Sawdust Days, IrishFest... yeah, I guess I see their point.

Headline the first: CountryUSA
    Currently in progress is CountryUSA, pretty big music festival, last years attendance was around 150,000.

Headline the second: Parking Problems
    Lots of onsite parking is closed because of all the rain we had over the past few weeks. Waterlogged fields don't make for good driving, unless you're a mudbogger. Hence, they're using offsite parking at aviation plaza(2 miles away) and similar, necessitating the use of shuttle buses. Still using the campgrounds, but there's a towing company pulling people to their sites and will do the same to get out if needed. Once you're in, you'd better be staying, though, $50 per tow otherwise.

Headline the third: Shuttle bus wait up to 2 hours

All Leading to the headline from Today's paper, "CountryUSA urges people to stay off Frontage road Three injured when struck by truck Tues night". It really doesn't surprise me people would walk when the wait is 2 hours, aviation plaza is only 2 miles away.

Basically three layers of suck that I see.
    First off, the issues with onsite parking. Not much they could do, really. Onsite parking would turn into mud bogs. As anyone who attended in 2011, lol, that year is known as Mud USA to those who were there.

Second Suck, there's no good pedestrian route from the offsite parking to the festival grounds. No sidewalks, no streetlights, just a 2 lane road with gravel shoulders.

Third suck, and the one that basically screwed the pooch. Not enough shuttle buses. They've compensated now, from what I hear, but if they could've kept the wait down to 30 minutes much fewer people would have tried to walk. Knowing about mud USA, I don't understand just how they were so surprised.

Not even sure why I'm posting, lol, event doesn't really even effect me. I guess I needed to vent a bit, friends that are attending have been complaining to me.

But admit it - you were a little surprised when they said today that there was no alcohol involved in the car/ped accident. I sure was. Glad your friends went anyway, despite the mud-fest; sometimes a little adversity makes those kind of things more fun. Or as Calvin's dad would say, "Character Building."

Comment

Is this not like the THIRD year in a row that CountryUSA has been a mud-fest?????
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Yeah, more than a bit surprised that no alcohol was involved in the incident.

Not sure about last year, 2012 wasn't too bad. There was still lots of mud and soft parking lots, but it wasn't to the point they've been in this year.

Was told they stopped using the tow trucks to drag in campers and started using actual farm tractors, as this years mud got too deep. And we're getting more rain!

Comment

Working...
        X