Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ignore me officer-I'm just an inoffensive transvestite trumpeter...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignore me officer-I'm just an inoffensive transvestite trumpeter...

So some nights I choose to go and swim down at a little bay from us.
    It's good because it's very isolated-to get there you have to go along a path,down the cliff,through a little tunnel and out the bottom,but you have a super view of the lights of the bay.

I prefer to swim at night not only because it's cooler,but because I prefer to swim in a one piece and that may get some funny looks during the day.Also with the beach to myself,ideas for poems and songs and things seem to pop up. There are no houses around-the nearest place is on the other side of the railway line and across the main road.So I can happily take along a small trumpet I acquired and have a few blows without disturbing anyone.

The other night I was happily swimming back to shore composing the next bit of my melody when I notice someone else down on the beach..just a shadow,but he looked rather upset,pacing about and agitated.
    I came back and tucked my trumpet away(in case that had been upsetting him) and stuck on a jumper over my swimsuit(in case that had been upsetting him).
    In the next minute,a couple of police cars arrive with lights blaring,and officers run down to this guy. Next thing-whoosh!He's on fire.

I race over to join them and we manage to put him on the sand,put a blanket over him and get him put out.A couple of officers bandage him up and put him in the ambulance that has also arrived(*he's recovering in hospital-apparently he has mental health issues and rang the police to inform them of his plans),and they clear off
    Then they notice-that figure over there is a witness-bring him over. And they look up and realize that in their torchlight-at 12.30 in the morning on an isolated beach is their witness-clad in a female swimsuit and snorkel mask,with a writing pad and a miniature trumpet
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

"Your Honor, there were *no* witnesses."

(Witlesses aplenty, though.)
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

What's that line....? Oh yeah....Pics or it didn't happen!
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Just go all Queen Elizabeth (that unflappable 'your uncivilized behavior is beneath my notice' attitude) on them if they make any sort of disparaging noises about your attire or choice of activity. As long as you're not breaking any laws or harming anyone else, it's none of their concern.

Now, getting your statement as a witness, sure. As long as they're civil about asking.
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

lol. Great imagery, Kit. I imagine that'll make the rounds at the station house for quite a while: "Yeah, we put the guy out and took the statement from horn-blowing merman."

Comment

Erm...it was blowing my trumpet. Blowing my horn would have been quite another story altogether and probably would have led to an arrest...
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Officer 1: Did you see that?
              Officer 2: What?
              Officer 1: Looks like a guy in a women's one piece swimsuit with a trumpet.
              Officer 2: ...Nope, didn't see it and I will say that in my official report.
              Officer 1: Me neither.

I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Officer 1: We gonna report that guy?
                Officer 2 (looks horrified): Think of the paperwork!
                Officer 1: Oh, right...
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                  Erm...it was blowing my trumpet. Blowing my horn would have been quite another story altogether and probably would have led to an arrest...
                  What's wrong with blowing a French Horn?
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                    What's wrong with blowing a French Horn?
                    Nothing,as long as you ask the Frenchman's permission first

Comment

Working...
                    X