Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good, Bad, I'm the Chick with the Gun...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth marasbaras View Post
    That's the Official Samuel L. Jackson Constitution. Sometimes known as the Shaft Constitution.
    yea, the 17th ammendment is "YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE, AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!"

kara, you're making me seriously consider your field of work, not that I wasn't already, but you just make it sound even better

Comment

ok... i want Kara's Job

Comment

My best friend's a C.O.

She always has really great stories

Inmates are just sucky customers locked up
        Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

o_O I thought the 14th was all people given rights and freedom. No more slavery, though its been a LONG time since I last read it.

Anyway, Yay! Kara! Now that you have gun, even bigger crush on you

Best Job Ever.

Call me heartless, but if people are in there, they done something stupid ( 90 percent of the time). So I honestly don't CARE if they don't get AC, or eat last. At least they can eat. Better then alot other people. Just shows how great it is to be a law bidding person. Video games. Movies. AC. Cuddling the kitty cat. Internet. Life is good man.
          Military Spouse Support.
          http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
          Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

ok... i want Kara's Job
            Are you sure of that?

...and someone broke into the used Sharps container in the clinic and stole a bunch of used syringes.
            I wouldn't touch that job for love nor money.

No AC? They are crazy! Heat is well known for its temperament altering effects. Those dudes are nuts already, adding heat just makes it worse.

Adding AC to the building gives you another option for crowd control. Simply turning the AC off in one area will cause most people to avoid it. Crank it to max and you can literally FREEZE them out!
            *There is no greater gift than to be reborn with every heartbeat*
            *Grudges should only be held for as long as it takes to deliver a proper vengence!*

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
              o_O I thought the 14th was all people given rights and freedom. No more slavery, though its been a LONG time since I last read it.
              I looked it up and you're right. Nothing about the rights of inmates. It's about civil rights and US citizenship.

Maybe there is, somewhere in the Constitution, something about the rights of inmate to access medical services, but it's not the 14th Amendment. He just tried to show off, pretending he knew what he was talking about.
              "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                Maybe there is, somewhere in the Constitution, something about the rights of inmate to access medical services, but it's not the 14th Amendment. He just tried to show off, pretending he knew what he was talking about.
                Definitely SC before prison life then, he'd be the one at the counter shouting "It's the Law!!"
                Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Well, of course ! And I love the sweet, sweet taste of irony that this particular bugger would claim "This is the Law !" when he broke it in the first place...
                  "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Thanks for the entertaining post, lesson on Constitutional Law, and lesson as to why not to talk back to you. If you find any more constitutional amendments that were not taught in my us history class please tell us.

I was always fond of the 47th Amendment: The inalienable right to talk on a cellphone at any time and the 51st Amendment: The right to service, now!

Stay cool.
                    "Wow, that has to be the best genital analogy EVER. "

Comment

What about the 0th amendment: The right to STFU and do as the lady with the shotgun tells you?
                      *There is no greater gift than to be reborn with every heartbeat*
                      *Grudges should only be held for as long as it takes to deliver a proper vengence!*

Comment

that one's in the Miranda rights

Comment

Quoth Leopardmadcat View Post

No AC? They are crazy! Heat is well known for its temperament altering effects. Those dudes are nuts already, adding heat just makes it worse.

Adding AC to the building gives you another option for crowd control. Simply turning the AC off in one area will cause most people to avoid it. Crank it to max and you can literally FREEZE them out!
                          do you realize how much it would cost to get A/C in every prison in america? they should be happy if they keep it above 60 in the winter, screw air conditioning

Comment

Indeed. Besides, there are exhaust fans on the roofs of the cellhouses that they turn on at night to suck in the cool air, and it helps keep things from getting unbearable. The main reason there is no A/C is that the State decided it would be cheaper this way. Of course, they've spent so much money fixing the fans over the years that they could have just put in A/C, but hey, that's how it goes.

Also, we have a team dedicated to "crowd control." They have sticks and tear gas

In regards to some other comments, it does often feel like a dream job. I highly recommend it to anyone who is up to the challenge. I've never been happier at work. Of course, I do have to face the reality that I could be stabbed, choked, beaten, and/or have poo thrown in my face at any time. I haven't had it happen, but that's not to say it won't. I'm constantly aware of my surroundings, and I don't take chances, but it's only a matter of time until my first fight. I plan on winning, but who doesn't? Still, I love it. I can't really explain why. I think I finally found the right 'fit" for a career.
                            "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Kara View Post
                              ME: *cocks rifle* I said, "NOT NOW!"
                              I/M: Oh shit!
                              You are my goddess now
                              Seriously I like you just lived out the dream of everyone in this forum.
                              "Honestly officer, he asked for a shot and I gave him one. Why do you need the handcuffs?" - MannersMakethMan

Comment

Working...
                              X