This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackmailing won't work either

So one of my associates is helping this old man when she comes to over to me. She tells me that the customer doesn't feel that the dicount he is getting on his purchase is good enough and wants to speak to the manager. She explains to him that the manager is going to tell him exactly what she told him, but he insists on speaking to me.

Me: I'm sorry sir, but we have given you all the discounts that we are allowed to give and can't discount your purchase any further.

SC: Well, I'm a very good customer and have been coming here for a long time.

Me: Sir, we believe all our customers are very good customers and a lot of them have been coming here for a long time as well. They also understand that we can only give them the discounts that they are entitled to.

(sling that BS at me and I'll sling it right back)

SC: Then I guess you don't want to keep me as a customer!

Me: Sir, blackmailing me still won't get you any additional discounts. Whether or not you decide to continue to be our customer is completely your choice. You have a great day now.

All the while my associate was sitting with us during this exchange smiling the whole time.

Oh, and I checked his file afterward to see his purchase history and the last time he bought something from us was almost four years ago....Very good customer my a$$.
    If you don't like my attitude, talk to the manager!!! Oh, wait, that would be me!!

Yes, I'm the manager. I'm also known as "the brick wall".

Just goes to show you SC's lie. And a lieing SC isn't worth keeping. For instance, I work for a multi-billion dollar company that has franchised stores. When an SC says they're never coming back after yelling and swearing at me, I tell them we don't want them as a customer now anyways, we're richer than they are and a single customer loss won't hurt us. Then I hang up on them leaving them to stir themselves into a heart attack with their own rage.
    Last edited by allniter; 06-04-2008, 03:26 AM.
    Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

I love it when they honest to goodness think that their one dollar they spend every other year is the one that made us who we are, and that we shall bow to their greatness, because that ONE dollar will DESTROY US, or ELVATE US.
      Military Spouse Support.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

If only all managers realized that cheap, grumpy, entitled old farts do NOT a "good customer" make..
        I will never go to school!

Comment

Quoth Camry178 View Post
          SC: Then I guess you don't want to keep me as a customer!
          You're damn right we don't. Get out.
          Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

This is the biggest thing I like about owning my own company. I'm small and have just a few customers, but my reputation proceeds me and I had no trouble at all finding a new client last time I had to tell one to take a hike because he didn't want to pay me for the work I had done. He threatened to report me to the BBB and I asked him for what, choosing not to do work for him that he wasn't paying for? I have no office, one employee, I sell services not goods, and sometimes I have more work than I can handle. The BBB would laugh!

It would be like a customer complaining to the BBB that HomeDepot doesn't sell ice cream. They choose not too, there is nothing that says you have to sell exactly what a customer demands you sell!

Comment

uh uh uh; it's not nice to lie, pops. a good customer never need remind us that they are one; they do so by their actions.

as for your 'mega discounts,' you got all you're going to get; accept it or get packing.

i hated that, when i worked at the big green apron, when people (usually cheap oldsters) would ask about 'special discounts.'

it's a SPECIALTY store, meaning it's more expensive; if you don't want to pay the price, go elsewhere.
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Funny.. we had some old bags come into my deathbucks.. but I don't recall anyone asking for a "senior discount." It ain't f-cking Denny's you know. But I think you're onto something there.. whenever you hear: "but I'm a good customer." The translation usually is: "I'm a crappy customer, and I'm about to ruin your day."
                I will never go to school!

Comment

Haha, such idle threats. "I spend lots of money here!" "I come here every day!" "You'll lose business!"

I had a feeling at the gas station that losing $3.50 a day in all nickels and dimes and pennies wasn't going to end up being a total loss, and neither was losing a customer who bought cheap beer every day. For pete's sake, some passerby could make up for it and then some. Oh yes, McDirty, we are going to have to shut down if you stop spending your couch change here every day!
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

It would be like a customer complaining to the BBB that HomeDepot doesn't sell ice cream.
                    I bet someone, somewhere, has.
                    "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

It's always the ones that claim they're such good customers that demand all the discounts and such. Good customer my ass.... more like good entitlement whore.
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

What I don't get is people who call me asking if the cable company offers senior citizen discounts, then when we tell them no suddenly we discriminate against old people.

I mean, companies offer senior discounts as a courtesy, it's not a requirement. You should hear some of the responses I get when I tell the bluehairs no. I swear it's possible to hear cat-butt face over the phone.
                        "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Quoth CancelMyService View Post
                          What I don't get is people who call me asking if the cable company offers senior citizen discounts, then when we tell them no suddenly we discriminate against old people.
                          Have you had one claim that old is a race? I've been accused of being "racist against old people".

Comment

Quoth Camry178 View Post
                            When that lie didn't work, I'm surprised he did not try the equally famous 'I know the owner!' line. He definitely sounds the type.
                            "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                            ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Quoth Tito View Post
                              When that lie didn't work, I'm surprised he did not try the equally famous 'I know the owner!' line. He definitely sounds the type.
                              Oh, I've had a few of those too. That usually gets followed with: "Really? That's nice. You're total is still $$$$. What form of payment would you like to use today?"
                              If you don't like my attitude, talk to the manager!!! Oh, wait, that would be me!!

Yes, I'm the manager. I'm also known as "the brick wall".

Comment

Working...
                              X