X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we have MUZAK

and we dont have the option of changing the music >:|

though i have heard in other stores employees have hooked their ipods up to the systems (playing acceptable music)

i wish i knew how, maybe block out that damn super saver lillian or other annoying commercials every other song

i will say this

i do enjoy a lot of the songs they play, and many have made their way into my ipod

since i never listen to the radio anymore, i get 'new' songs through work HAHA <fail>

Comment

Well, the phone system itself actually handles broadcasting the music - since it has to interrupt for pages.

The phone system has multiple mono RCA inputs - we have a couple of different music on hold systems, plus the music.

So we'd have to tear into the phone system with a 3.5 -> RCA adapter, plus it's kinda locked up anyway.

You can probably unplug the DMX receiver if you want to, but it's one of those things that generally considered to be "Not A Good Idea<tm>". Plus the phone system does output to an amplifier, but via some weird cables.

Comment

For those who are wondering where use of the word CLASSIC to describe any music other than Beethoven or Mozart came from, it comes from the Doctor Who story from 1965, "The Chase" (on DVD later this year).

Basically, the Doctor and crew get a space-time visualiser (British spelling, remember), use it to remote-view the Beatles (which was a video clip since they were too busy filming Help!), and Vicki, the girl from the future, remarks "I didn't know they played classical music!"
        Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

Quoth sarasquirrel View Post
          we have MUZAK
          Speaking of Muzak....

I heard the most horrid thing the other day.

A Muzak version of Adam Lambert's "For Your Entertainment".
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

My favorite muzak story is from when I was at the grocery store and realized that what I was hearing on the PA was actually a muzak version of the theme from Close Encounters.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth bean View Post
              NOFX has been around since 1983.

I dare you to find a "classic" compilation including them. Well go on. Find one. For that matter, I dare you to even find a radio station playing them. And yes, they're still active.

Here's a mid 90s live set with one of my favorite songs. They were also the first band I ever saw live.. hell yeah, mosh pits!

(psst, if language offends you, you have no business watching this)
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF7St...eature=related
              If i understand that Judas Priest is still around as well. Now only if Deep Purple got back together. =^-^=

Comment

DH loves to tell about how his 20-ish y.o. daughter came home one day and said to him, "Dad, you've just got to hear this new singer! She's great!"

It was Stevie Nicks. About 10 years ago.
                Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                  Speaking of Muzak....

I heard the most horrid thing the other day.

A Muzak version of Adam Lambert's "For Your Entertainment".
                  I'm scared. I don't want to know what is sounded like, but would listen and then hate myself for doing it.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                    I'm scared. I don't want to know what is sounded like, but would listen and then hate myself for doing it.
                    I think I felt enough pain for the both of us.
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                    X