Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I am - not because of their clutches, but because what I have been doing is a job, not a career. I don't want to do it for the rest of my life, for another year, or for another six months. I sent in an online application to one place, and sent an email asking a business acquaintance about the possibility of doing work for a group of companies.

I have a business license here, and due to a VERY favorable law, the fact that I have a business license in my particular line of business means that I can do work in many other lines of business (there's a long list of them) without getting another business license! It's really opened things up! As a foreigner, it's much easier to get work when you have a business license, because then the companies won't have to go through all the red tape involving in hiring an employee from another country.

Comment

If possible, take back whatever you can from the job that dumb has decided you aren't getting paid for. It's not paid for then it's yours.

And tell everyone at Loser Company that due to them not paying you for completed work in the past, from now on they will pay you in advance.
      Last edited by dbuzman; 05-11-2010, 11:28 PM.

Comment

They do pay me; however, when the end client bitches about something, then Loser Company gives it to them for free or at a discount. This means that I'm not paid for that job, or I'm paid less. The job from the other day is actually worth very little, and there's no reason to kick up a fuss over it; I was at fault, though I won't admit it to them, because they'll use it against me in any and every way they can. That's how they are.

I strongly suspect that some of the end clients are taking advantage of Loser Company by bitching about quality when there's no cause for it, so that they can get it for free. It wouldn't surprise me at all. I think Loser Company is trying to prove that it's a reliable company by giving away its services. Not by, say, using suppliers who know what the fuck they're doing, or offering higher pay to valued suppliers. Nope, just give things away and shaft the people who actually do the work. Oh, and hire extra employees who aren't needed and who have no idea how to pick their noses effectively, much less manage anything. Yeah, that'll work.

Comment

Working...
        X