This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spreading the gospel of the clearance swamp

On last Friday's truck we got in two pallets of navy blue, company-issued clearance swamp employee polo shirts.

Only one problem: the shirts we have to wear are green. Only stores that haven't been remodeled yet are having their employees wear the blue shirts. So how did we come to get these shirts?

You see, we get lots of inquiries from charitable groups, asking us if we'd be willing to donate merchandise for whatever it is they are planning to do. One of these requests came from some church group that is planning some mission work in some third-world country and asked if we'd be willing to donate clothes. So store manager went out and ordered all these shirts, and the church group is going to donate them to people in the third world countries they're going to be doing work in. That way the company gets to be rid of a bunch of employee shirts they don't need, and people in third world countries can have something nice to wear when their Minnesota Vikings Super Bowl Champs t-shirts and their Milwaukee Brewers World Series Champions t-shirts just aren't formal enough.

Only one thing: these shirts cannot go anyplace that is hostile to the U.S., because we don't want some terrorist to do something unspeakable and be caught and be wearing a clearance swamp polo shirt in his mug shot.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Something about that whole chain of events makes me feel dirty...

Comment

Working...
    X