This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tipping Guide Cheat Sheet

Tipping Dos and Don'ts (in case anyone was wondering)
    And you're welcome (in regards to my avatar).

once again they fail to include food (pizza, Chineese, subs, etc.) delivery drivers. that angers me to no end
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Frankly, I disagree with including the funeral industry. Funerals are already hideously expensive, and the funeral home doesn't have an exemption from minimum wage the way restaurant owners do. Pretty sure they make more than min. wage, anyway.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

What's the purpose of tipping 20% of the charge in a hotel? The rest of the hotel section I can agree with. Wait staff is good, though paying double for staying longer in a group? Sorry, but no.

I agree with MoonCat. We did not tip anyone at the funeral home. The room is for family. There's no one in there presiding that I've ever seen. Maybe things are done differently there.

Delivery drivers should be included, that's for sure. What's the protocol when the place puts a delivery fee? I normally order elsewhere since there's tons to choose from, but it's good to know.

Comment

I don't go to hotels much but ... over the holidays I do tip. last time i was in a hotel for christmas i left a card for the service people and put my tip inside. plus i left a cup of candy canes for them too.

Comment

Working...
          X