This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bunny

My mini-rex Owi had been acting very depressed for a while. We've joked that he's in the corner, writing poetry, and and listening to sad songs.

I got a new bunny, hoping they'll bond, and that'll cheer Owi up. Her name is Caddie. Caddie is about three months old, so not old enough to get fixed yet. They've only met up once or twice, but it seems to have done the trick.

Owi squeaked with joy when he met her. She's not sure what to think of his exuberance yet, I think. I'm gonna keep them separated, for the most part, until she gets fixed, but he seems pretty excited she exists.

Caddie is the third rabbit my cat has met. She's not impressed.

With the first rabbit, the cat treated her like a baby, cleaning her and so on.
    With Owi, she treats like an insolent child. He gets too close to her, and she'll tap him on the head (I've seen her hit harder, so I know she's holding back).
    Caddie she just avoids.

I just thought I'd share the cute. ^^
    Last edited by Cooper; 01-03-2013, 05:29 PM.

Ummm... Pics? :-)

Comment

Of course!

Pics:

Owi

Cadwyn

As an extra bonus:

First bunny/aka Bun-Bun (I was young when I named her XP)

The cat:

Comment

BUNNIES!!!!!!!! They are very cute. So is the cat. I need an office bunny.
        Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

The first two are Mini Rexes, the third is a Netherland Dwarf. The Mini Rexes tend to be very exuberant (and they are sooooo soft.) They can rival cats and small dogs in size though. The Netherland Dwarf was about 2 pounds. Netherland Dwarves can get very mean.

For a rabbit that'd be in an area with a lot of traffic I'd recommend a Mini Rex. Small enough to be portable, large enough to not be in a huge risk around kids.

I let my bunny outside (in an outdoor run) in a pretty busy neighborhood. He gets kids coming over to visit (I supervised them the first time), dogs will try and play with him, and cats will too. He doesn't mind. Though a big dog did freak him out a bit, so I had to take him away from that dog.

Comment

Very cute!
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Adorable, and I really like Bun-bun.

I actually call my cat jezabel bunny or bunbun, she does a lot of bunny behaviors like the funny bouncing and dancing and she has very expressive ears. We joke that she was a bunny in her previous life.
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Aww cute! *pets the furbabies*
                Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Squee! Fuzzles!

Comment

When Cadwyn is older I think I want to make her a therapy rabbit. She's very, very calm. She was willing to sit on me for about an hour, and didn't poop until I started moving her back to her cage. She's a bit too young right now (they say she needs to be 6 months old, and she's only 3.)

She's my first pet that's been good enough around people to make it feasible she'd be a therapy animal. (Owi is too nervous to handle people not trained in dealing with rabbits, Bun-Bun was a bit bitey... she had the Netherland Dwarf spirit, and the cat is terrified of everyone but me).

Comment

So very adorable.

Comment

Working...
                      X