Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"That's not funny", but laughing anyway?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "That's not funny", but laughing anyway?

Ever had one of those situations come up where you see/hear something, and you say (or think) "That's not funny", but you find yourself laughing anyway?

That's happened to me several times.

One particular instance: We went to our local library's "book sale" (they sell some of their older, used books for various prices, or a bag full for $5).

Anyway, I found this "cartoon book" by a guy named John Callahan. Some of the humor is akin to "The Far Side".

But one struck me as "that's not funny", but I found it hysterical at the same time.

You know those movies/tv shows where someone has to go down to the morgue, and they pull out that long drawer and it's got a body on it under a sheet?

Well, this cartoon was similar to that. Except the "person" was a chicken. And when the sheet was pulled back, the "body" was a bowl of hot chicken soup...

It's probably funnier if you see the picture.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

I've had a few of those situations, yeah.

And after laughing, I usually go, "I'm going to hell for that."

If I'm the one MAKING the joke, I'll sometimes channel Larry The Cable Guy. "Lord, I apologize for that, there...."
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Me and my friends end up doing that all the time.
      ......../\
      ....../__\
      ..../\...../\
      ../__\../__\

Comment

All. The. Time.
        I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

This. This should not be funny. But I laugh every damn time.

http://sbob.ytmnd.com/
          "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Hubby and me, every morning on the paper route. The easily offended should probably not tag along with us on the routes.
            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
            X