X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well it's been a while, hasn't it!?

Hello my fellow wage slaves!

I can't believe it's been almost two years since I have ventured into this part of the inter-webs. I was honestly SHOCKED that my login info still worked. Glad it did though!

So hey, I'm going to go ahead and fill you in on life. Some of you may wish to read, others may wish to skip. This will, undoubtedly be lengthy.

Let's start with life in general.
    Things have been going very well for us. We followed our Co-Manager out to the Tri-Cities, WA... well just about two years ago...so right around when I fell silent.
    I love it here, the climate is perfect. Nice and warm in the summer, and very mild winters (For Washington... anyway). We are currently looking at moving into a nice townhouse, I'm super excited. And we just bought a new car in December! (2013 Chevy Cruze! it had 14 freaking miles on it when we drove it off the lot!)
    The Buick finally gave up on me in a fantastically spectacular blaze of glory. One of the tension rods in the engine snapped and the serpentine belt actually ATE itself. It was.... amazing. I actually popped the hood and started that long slow clap.... it was just that awe inspiring.
    I finally bit the bullet and had a nice long talk with my doctor about how neurotic I am... I'm on a test period of generic Zoloft to see if it helps me with my panic attacks. And the ferrets have officially become Therapy Pets to help with my anxiety, which makes my life SOOO much less stressful.

Which brings us to my Favorite topic! The PETS!

Art- devious kitty who is too cute for her own good. Is doing great. She is currently attacking my feet under the covers.... and constantly convinced that we starve her and are so terribly cruel for not giving her round the clock undivided attention... but she is good.

As for the ferrets....We lost Kodo in November. He had abdominal cancer and there was nothing we could do for him. After a point it was just too cruel to keep him hanging on. The story is heartbreaking to me, so I won't get into it. Bella, who was his best friend and loved him very much, had been fighting her own illness for quite some time. After Kodo went she didn't last more than two months and we had to put her down as well. The beginning of this year was very rough for us.

Panda and Watson are doing great, however! Still their terrible, wicked, smart little selves. Panda got an abscess on her face a few months back that just wouldn't go away. We ended up having to get it lanced 3 times, even with antibiotics and soaking it with hot compresses it just kept coming back. It got into her ear canal and screwed with her equilibrium for a while. The vet said she sees it a lot in dogs with abscesses on the face.
    It was horrible, but slightly funny, she was so dizzy we had to hand feed her for a week, and she could only eat with her head upside down. Terrible. But in hindsight.... chuckle worthy... I wish I could have had my video camera. It was adorable. She is still a little tilty, she gets around just fine but she constantly leans her head to one side. The vet said it may be permanent. But we've always known that Panda will not die of any natural causes... that damn ferret is going to go out in a spectacular blaze of GLORY! *Sigh*
    Watson is even MORE huge. I've never seen a ferret so big. I could make mittens out of him! He's become my buddy in the last few months, after Kodo left he just sort of stuck to me... *hearts*

As for work!

We are still at The Lobby! Like I said we followed the Boss Man down here. The Beau is still working Custom Framing, though he made full time. And I came down to run the Art/hobbies department. (It caused a lot of grief in the store... but that is for another time) About seven months ago I got promoted to the Assistant Manager of our store. (Which caused even more grief... but I digress)
    It was a terrifying thing for me, but for ONCE in my life I didn't let my horrid fear of change get in my way and I jumped on that shit!

The customers here are, in general, so much NICER than Spokane. I mean they are polite and courteous and usually don't fly off the handle. But Holy Carpe diem are they MESSY!

There are a couple things I have noticed about being in management which I both like and dislike.
    I am now near the top of the food chain... I can't always pass the issues up to the next level... I AM THE NEXT LEVEL! *For those wondering that was like epic wrestle mania announcer man in my head!*

This also means, unfortunately, that I have to kiss a lot of A$$. Because keeping customers coming back is our priority. *death*

HOWEVER, it also means that I now have the ability to pick and chose which customers I will bend to, and which I can...quite literally... tell to get the hell out of my store.
    *Buhahahahaha!* The shiny gold name badge gives me POWER!

I do miss my department though... It was something I was always so proud of. Our district manager always said I had the BEST art/hobbies department he'd ever seen. Even our Regional VP was impressed with it.

ANYWAY! Sum up! We are good! The pets are good! I love my manager and my co-manager. And we are finally in a place financially where I am not constantly worried about where my next meal is coming from!

It's been a good two years. There is a lot more back story. But time is short! And I've got two years of lurking to catch up on!!!

Happy to be back!
    "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
    -Red

*happy hug*

HI.

Come and hang out with us again.
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
    X