Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the feedback - I recall seeing (don't know if it was here or elsewhere) servers who HATED people who ordered endless refills, and just wanted to know the best approach when I'm REALLY thirsty (such as during this heat wave).
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Can it be annoying to refill someone's glass repeatedly?

Sure.

Just about everyone has parts of their job that is annoying.

And, as someone who has 25+ years in the food service industry, I feel I am in a good position to point out that refilling a customer's drink is part of the job.

Any server who has a problem with this, especially if the customer is polite and nice, should probably find work in another field.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Refilling a glass a few times, no problem.

Having a customer change their mind about wanting water on an aircraft, huge PITA when it is 2 miles away via airport road (speed limit 25) past taxing aircraft...and oh yeah they are already late.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          Thanks for the feedback - I recall seeing (don't know if it was here or elsewhere) servers who HATED people who ordered endless refills, and just wanted to know the best approach when I'm REALLY thirsty (such as during this heat wave).
          I've seen this before, I'm a big drinker too, especially when its hot like it has been.

I usually tell the wait staff that I'm thirsty and going to need refills, usually I ask for my first refill with my initial drink, and they usually are fine with that. I've also gone the pitcher route, and they are usually fine with that too. My wife usually gets her drink and a water too. (The water is really the best choice if hydration is your goal, sugared drinks actually serve to further dehydrate you initially.)

I'd argue that anyone who doesn't like customer service to the point where doing their job probably shouldn't be doing customer service. For me, when I find a guest who seems cognizant of the fact that they *COULD* be abusing the server or ones who go out of their way to make my life a little simpler, I really buckle down to take extra special care of them. Maybe its just me, but a little kindness goes a long way.

Comment

Working...
          X