Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a true panicc/anxiety attack before I went in to work tonight for a few hours.

I need help. Everyday, instead of feeling better, I feel worse and i keep having flashbacks.

There's a meeting for those that were involved, on Tuesday morning. I have my coworkers to talk to but they seem just as messed up as I am. I had a talk with my nurse manager last evening about how I felt. She feels the same, she was there for the situation as well. Im going to try and work my scheduled shift on Monday and see what happens.

Comment

*massive hugs* You are a wonderful person doing an incredibly hard job. Not many people can do it, so please look after yourself.
      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Go to the meeting and go talk to someone on your own. Talking to the others who were there is fine, but as you are finding out they are trying to deal with it too. You need someone who wasn't there and has no emotions tied to the events who can help you talk it out.

For the record, through all the crap I've gone through that bad month was the only time I saw a therapist and I don't regret it to this day. She let me ramble on, get what was going on in my head out and just in general deal with it. Writing it down in a notebook helps me cope, but that doesn't work for everyone. It's been over 10 years (the worse ones were 9/10/01) and they still will get to me if I let them. Some things you will never forget but you will learn how to handle them.
        Last edited by kpzra; 07-08-2013, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
          Had a true panicc/anxiety attack before I went in to work tonight for a few hours.

I need help. Everyday, instead of feeling better, I feel worse and i keep having flashbacks.

There's a meeting for those that were involved, on Tuesday morning.
          Normally, I'm not one for shouting on the Internet, but in this case I'll make an exception.

GO TO THAT MEETING ON TUESDAY!!!! No ifs. No ands. No buts. YOU MUST GO!

It sounds like a Crisis Debriefing, and you NEED IT. You are expressing classic symptoms of PTSD.

Don't blow it off, no matter what. Take a sick day if you need to, but you need this meeting.

Follow up with EAP, and get a therapist if you continue to have symptoms after this.

Whatever happened, sounds serious. I've had patient care experiences like that and I have been through this. You have to process it out with a professional. There is no other way: friends, relatives, even co-workers is not enough. Get professional help and follow through.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I cant thank you guys enough for the support. It genuinely DOES help. I went to Tuesdays meeting and I somehow do feel better. I havent cried in 2 days and my appetite is almost normal. I have a call into EAP to talk to someone.

I know that what I see is part of the job, but damn, does it have to be this terrifying? I have shared my story. Its in SickBay.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
              I cant thank you guys enough for the support. It genuinely DOES help. I went to Tuesdays meeting and I somehow do feel better. I havent cried in 2 days and my appetite is almost normal. I have a call into EAP to talk to someone.

I know that what I see is part of the job, but damn, does it have to be this terrifying? I have shared my story. Its in SickBay.
              I am so very happy to hear this. I read the story: I can see why you're having a hard time.

All I can tell you is, I'm here for you if you need to vent.
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
              X