Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CS denizens, I urgently need your help. (Animal/Shelter/Law people esp. Useful)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Marlowe View Post
    Right now Little Miss is on the windowsill, Dexter is on the floor, Mr Francis, Jeffrey, and Mordred are on my bed, and Bundy is sleeping on my pillow. The others... are probably off being destructive.
    Holy crap! Just how many cats do you HAVE?!?!?!?

Quoth TheCheerfulTreeRat View Post
    "Redheads are dangerous, they go off in your hand..."
    If you're doing it right and/or if you're lucky.....

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

2.00am: Cat grabs chocolate bar and runs. Give chase. Step in something cold and horrific on stairs. Gag. Step in something cold and horrific again. Gag. Repeat. Reclaim chocolate, turn around, and realise somehow cat has vomited ON EVERY STEP OF THE STAIRS.
      2.05am: Haul ass to bathroom. Promptly bitten by hissing cat hiding in toilet bowl.
      Oh man...and I thought my youngest furcat was bad
      (our two have lately taken to puking whenever they come in the house. They'll eat the grass whenever they go outside, which acts as an emetic for them. The worst case so far involved a puddle that you'd expect from a human who's upchucked....all coming from one cat )

Also, why was the cat hiding in the toilet bowl? Are the kitties toilet trained?? (literally-this is possible, you can actually get special litter trays that do this. you hook em up to the bowl, then as they get more and more used to using the toilet as a litter tray, you remove parts of the litter tray)

As far as the "who can I report the scammers to" I'd imagine that if they're posing as a charity of some kind (taking care of several cats would not come cheap, so unless they're blackmailing the owners or someone else, they'd be asking for charitable donations) so maybe contact whoever's responsible for charities and whatnot?
      Last edited by fireheart; 07-21-2013, 12:02 PM.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

• Just spent the last hour reading the whole thread! What an emotional roller Coaster!

I am SO happy to hear you got your furchildren back. I recall at Christmas time, Felix chose to run outside and i thought I had lost him forever, and he was only missing for like 10 minutes. I can't imagine having most of your furbabies taken away for two whole weeks. Poor Marlowe!

Anyway, I am so happy you have your kitty fluffs back and I hope that something can be done about this "shelter". Evil people
        Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
        Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

• Quoth Jester View Post
          If you're doing it right and/or if you're lucky.....

Damn, now I DEFINITELY have to come to Key West

Quoth patiokitty View Post
          And I can't not leave food out because I've got two cats - one who is a little terror all on her own but doesn't have the same issue with food as the other one. It also doesn't help that he's a long haired cat so not only is he bringing up food but also hairballs...yuck But I wouldn't trade him for the world! Even though I'm shocked over just how much comes out of him...

Mr Francis does that. I got him when he was days old, and had to eyedropper feed him for the first few weeks. I don't know how long he was outside before my friend found him, but whenever he sees food he just gorges and gorges on it like he's afraid he'll never eat again... and then he produces MOUNTAINS of sick It's incredible. I've seen that cat projectile vomit distances of OVER 6 FEET (I measured) and produce such vast amounts I assumed my housemate had been on a latenight bender and revisited it upon the landing... and had it not been full of Mr Francis cat hair I would have thought she was fibbing when she denied responsibility....

OK, as promised, I have some photos of my kittybabies now they are home... some are more camera shy than others, so aren't on here... but they are all back to scampering around, which is great

Last edited by Ree; 07-22-2013, 10:39 PM. Reason: Merged triple posts
          "Asking an Irish girl to tone it down a notch is about the same as asking a wolf to leave the sheep alone. Good luck with that. " - Jester, about me

Comment

Damn, now I DEFINITELY have to come to Key West
            Well, DUH.

Still A Customer."

Comment

• Quoth Draper Mel View Post
              They must be absolutely thrilled to be home. It sounds like they're bouncing off the walls.

They are. Very much so. Then again, that's nothing new

Quoth fireheart View Post
              Also, why was the cat hiding in the toilet bowl?

I... have no idea. That particular cat is a little... special. He got separated from his mummy very, very young and even though I fed him the best I could (mail-order cat formula milk) he probably missed out on some important nutrients for brain development. Poor baby.

One of the other cats also hides in the toilet bowl, but that cat does it out of sheer sadism. I swear that creature exalts in causing others pain.

Quoth Jester View Post
              Holy crap! Just how many cats do you HAVE?!?!?!?

Oh yes, I have six cats. My housemate has three as well, but hers are hateful and I can't wait to see the back of the little fucks when one of us moves out.

(I would've answered this last time but my gutter mind immediately got distracted by the second half of your post )
              Last edited by Ree; 07-22-2013, 10:36 PM. Reason: Trimmed excessive quote
              "Asking an Irish girl to tone it down a notch is about the same as asking a wolf to leave the sheep alone. Good luck with that. " - Jester, about me

Comment

One of the other cats also hides in the toilet bowl, but that cat does it out of sheer sadism. I swear that creature exalts in causing others pain.
                I can imagine that - if someone failed to check the bowl before taking their place on the "throne", they'd be making some VERY sensitive areas accessible to the switchblade claws. The cat would DEFINITELY be causing pain.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Quoth wolfie View Post
                  I can imagine that - if someone failed to check the bowl before taking their place on the "throne", they'd be making some VERY sensitive areas accessible to the switchblade claws. The cat would DEFINITELY be causing pain.

*shudder* Yes. That would be correct.

Comment

(I would've answered this last time but my gutter mind immediately got distracted by the second half of your post )
                    And the problem with this is...what, exactly?

Still A Customer."

Comment

whenever he sees food he just gorges and gorges on it like he's afraid he'll never eat again...
                      This is a fairly well documented cat behaviour. If you have regular feeding times, no problem. But if you feed "at will" and then try to switch to timed feedings, many cats seem to think "Ack! Food might never appear again." and (especially in multiple cat households) will eat straight to the bottom of the bowl. Understandable I guess.

#4 (5mgO0all.jpg) - Great shot.

#5 (EXfYNpgl.jpg) - We have the twin! Her name is Spot, but her primary nickname is Wig-wag 'cause of that constant tail motion. I guess stubbies have to twitch it a lot more to get the benefit longer tails provide.

#7 (7VvRUyjl.jpg) - I hope you didn't naively think that shelf would ever be yours to use...

#8 (lfAGIOMl.jpg) - Obviously an acolyte of Basement Cat.

#12 (uJ6MToel.jpg) - Just gorgeous!

Thanks for sharing, glad they're home.

Comment

• Quoth Jester View Post
                        And the problem with this is...what, exactly?
                        Hey now, did I SAY there was a problem?

Comment

• I know one or tow of you said you have cats that like to wolf down their food and throw it all back up.

I saw this bowl on my cat from hell the other night and I would think it might help with the problem of eating too fast.

http://www.amazon.com/Indipets-Extra...609156&sr=1-13

My sister has something similar for one of her dogs though I think she use a ball.

I know it says dog but I found it under cat bowls. I think it should work the same way. I did find another one just for cats.
                          http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-Pet-Ti...609156&sr=1-22
                          Last edited by CaptainJaneway; 07-23-2013, 07:58 PM. Reason: to add another link
                          "Beam me up Scotty there is no intelligent life down here."

Comment

• Quoth sms001 View Post
                            #4 (5mgO0all.jpg) - Great shot.
                            Thanks That shelf is right over my bed, and that's the view I woke up to... I just had to grab my cameraphone off my bedside table

Quoth sms001 View Post
                            #5 (EXfYNpgl.jpg) - We have the twin! Her name is Spot, but her primary nickname is Wig-wag 'cause of that constant tail motion. I guess stubbies have to twitch it a lot more to get the benefit longer tails provide.
                            That's my Bundy girl She is super grumpy and bowlegged with her stubby deformed tail... I would say it's all about inner beauty but her personality is pretty horrific too she's lovely once you get to know her though. Right now she's curled up in bed with me stealing all the pillowspace...

Quoth sms001 View Post
                            #7 (7VvRUyjl.jpg) - I hope you didn't naively think that shelf would ever be yours to use...
                            Haha no, I moved to this house after I'd already had Mr Francis and Dexter a while... I knew of the Ways of Cats. When I go round Ikea and look at all the pretty things, I have to make the mental effort to add cats to every scene...

Quoth sms001 View Post
                            #8 (lfAGIOMl.jpg) - Obviously an acolyte of Basement Cat.
                            That's Mordred. I found him living in the yard of a derelict schoolhouse, all scrawny and malnourished with scabby, matted fur and numerous infections. He's all happy and healthy and fluffy and gorgeous now though (although the URT infection he had when I found him means he can't meow, he can only squeak... but that only makes him cuter! )

Quoth sms001 View Post
                            #12 (uJ6MToel.jpg) - Just gorgeous!
                            That's my gorgeous boy Dexter... all my cats are rescues except him. He's from a Maine Coon breeder in co. Roscommon. I love Maine Coons, always have, and always said I'd get one as soon as I could have cats, so I saved and I saved and then I got Dexie! He is a gorgeous pussycat, with his mane and his big tufty ears and his beautiful tail... he brings a touch of class and nobility to the house. Although he does have a habit of staring at us sardonically with a face that just screams "Oh GAWD, this is SO below me and my stature. Don't you KNOW I'm descended from a bloodline of CHAMPIONS?"

(If you want to see his siblings/many other cute fluffball kittens, google "Roscats maine coons." His daddy is International Champion Dotcom Cian and his mummy is Katez Libby Pippin.)

Quoth sms001 View Post
                            Thanks for sharing, glad they're home.
                            You are most welcome! Plus, I'm always happy to share photos/tails of my furbabies.

Comment

• A birthday song for a Maine Coon...
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                              X