Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh see now I'm one of those that constantly repairs EVERYTHING. I just wish it was easier to max out the skills.

Comment

Same here. But I found that when you choose the stat-increasing perks (Daddy's Girl/Boy for example) carefully, and made use of that Tag! perk, and hunt hard for books, it's easy enough.

My favorite was the bare-handed one because I could beat the shit out of mutants and I was a little Asian girl.
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
        Oh see now I'm one of those that constantly repairs EVERYTHING. I just wish it was easier to max out the skills.
        It was fairly easy as I recall. At least in 3.

My problem was that half the wasteland died without even knowing I was there. The other half didn't die from my half mile out snipe and chased me for 3 days because I had little in the way of actual close combat ability. So plan B was always run like a pussy. -.-

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
          My problem was that half the wasteland died without even knowing I was there.
          I was great at doing that in Las Vegas. Head shots mostly but then I would have my stupid moments of "oh look who I ran RIGHT into...yea I'm dead"

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
            I was great at doing that in Las Vegas. Head shots mostly but then I would have my stupid moments of "oh look who I ran RIGHT into...yea I'm dead"
            I mainly ran into trouble when my stealth crit wasn't quite high enough to drop whatever seething van sized rage beast I was aiming at in the first two shots. At a distance I was a master sniper. Up close I was just a skinny dude flailing around with a shotgun like a little girl that just noticed a spider on her hand.

Comment

I wish we could cook in FO3.

Comment

I guess I neglected to mention that I really do love the series ^_^

For a similar experience -- or, perhaps I should say, "Baldur's Gate meets Fallout" -- I wholly recommend "Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura" -- same demented sense of humor, some or all of the same devs (I think...?), with a heavy steampunk bent and an overworld chock full of hidden areas.

One odd thing I discovered about Arcanum purely by accident looooong ago was that your starting loadout of random gear is DIRECTLY influenced by your choice of character name. If you make *precisely* the same character a dozen times with slight variations on the name (and yes, capitalized vs lowercase counts as "different"), you will end up with at least 9 wildly different sets of items in your starting backpack. Reusing the same setup and same name will guarantee that all but maybe one items will be identical the next time you play. Yes, this means that "EricKei CustomerHater", "Erickei CustomerHater", and "Erickei Customerhater" will all have noticeably different sets of random crap when they start out.

By abusing this, I've ended up with everything from "a couple metal scraps and a broken camera" to "a really nice chakram and a healing item...AND the metal scraps". Note that, unless they patched them, "speedy" weapons like mithril swords and chakra are pretty broken, in a way that favors the player.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Cooking would be nice. Then I could do something with all the random shit I collect. I mean, what are you really going to do with all the bags of chips and snack cakes?

The mirelurks have real potential though.
                  My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

I was thinking the molerat meat plus the radroach meat.

Comment

Of course it would be nice to be able to do stuff with some of the stuff that is just hanging around. Like all those generators, motorcycles, and other things. Like some of those buildings could be lit up a whole lot more cause we know they are getting power. We can make laser rifles for crying out loud, are you honestly going to believe we can't make light bulbs?

Comment

Why has no one said finding the TARDIS?! Why?!!

Seriously, this was the most amusing find for me.

Quoth Tama View Post
                        Cooking would be nice. Then I could do something with all the random shit I collect. I mean, what are you really going to do with all the bags of chips and snack cakes?

The mirelurks have real potential though.
                        IIRC, the first Fallout game did have recipes in the manual. It might have been the second one too. I know I tried a couple of them.
                        Random conversation:
                        Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                        DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Well the crap generally all have someone who will pay you to hand them off. The guy in Megaton with the water needing scrap metal for example. I just sell all the shit to Moira.

I never played the one with the Tardis unfortunately.
                          My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

Wait...you can find the TARDIS?

Comment

I think it's in an earlier Fallout game, possibly the original.
                              My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

Oooooh...well dang now I'm going to have to go look for that once I find my old copy of FO1.

Comment

Working...
                                X