This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a nice way to wake up

To a woman running up to our back porch, pouning on the door screaming 'Help me!', then running around to another house, then our front porch screaming 'Help me!' again. At 5AM.

I called 911, who managed to get police out here on record time (we're not far from city hall where the PD is, so that's a plus). They talk to her and DaDairyDruid said they were shining their flashlights in her eyes, so I said 'maybe she's high'. I did not at anytime let her in. I'm too paranoid.

Right now she's in an ambulance with EMTs. She did not look hurt, only kept screaming that 'they' were going to get her. I was too scared shitless to think that maybe she was tweaked and possibly having a bad trip. It wasn't until we saw the lights flashing from the EMT that we put it together.

Damn..I was planning to go to the Humane Society today, but I might wait until someone says something to me. If they do talk to me. They might just drive off and leave me wondering. I'm still shaking a little as I type this.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

The ambulance left a while ago, and the police didn't say much, but I think if someone were seriously pursuing her, they'd have gone to take care of that. DaDairyDruid said it was possible she met someone and was slipped something and woke up panicking.

Either way, I'm up now.
    Random conversation:

Comment

Good Heavens, that's scary.

Honestly, I wouldn't have let her in either. Maybe if my husband was home, but he rarely is, and I have a kid. I want to help people but I have to protect my family first.

But like you, our police building (there's only one, it's a tiny town) is about 2 minutes' walk from my house so I feel like they could arrive to help very quickly.

When I was a kid I remember being woken around midnight by a woman pounding on our door and screaming for help. My mom was a single mother with 2 children so she refused to open the door. The neighbor acoss the hall called 911 and came outside to speak to the woman. I don't remember what eventually happened and unfortunately neither does Mom.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Yeah, NO WAY would I let someone in like that. There could have been someone else hiding where you couldn't see them, ready to barge in when you opened the door.

Years ago some nutty woman knocked on our front door for probably a good 20 minutes. Couldn't see who it was, but no one we knew would do that. She had a kid with her, too. We called the cops, meanwhile she walked off down the street.

Then there was the guy who claimed he had brought over a car part for my brother. This guy showed up at MIDNIGHT, knocking on the door. I called down from an upstairs window, heard his story, and told him to leave it in the mailbox. He finally left, and his car took off the second he got inside so there was another person driving. There was nothing in the mailbox. I'm sure he was going to rob us if we let him in, because a couple days later he actually stole my brother's car. (We got it back)
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Made me think of this story that broke this week, about a couple that wouldn't open their door for a naked woman that had been raped. The couple called 911, police came to the scene, took care of the woman, took her statement, then went and found the guy who raped her and arrested his ass.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Opening the door is dangerous. However, there are too many people who would say "Not my problem" and ignore it. Thank you for calling the police.
            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
            Save the Ales!
            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I was half awake when I heard her thumping up the back porch and that's what got me going (our bedroom faces the back porch and the neighbor who has a motion sensor light, so she made that go off).

The screaming for help was the added bonus to wake up DaDairyDruid. She ran off before he could find out what was wrong, then I heard her screaming down the street. I had no idea he was coming to the front door until I was talking to dispatch and she kept jiggling the odor handle and screaming for help.

Jester, the was the first thing that came to mind was that article. Ironically I had just read it a day or so before.

MoonCat, definitely. She would never say who it was, only that 'they' were coming. I had no idea if there really was anyone else orif it was just a ruse.

What also made me suspicious was that she kept taking off her jacket and saying she had no weapons. It did not reassure me in the least. Dispatch even said dont open the door.
              Random conversation:

Comment

How scary! Glad everything turned out okay though...
                Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Yeah, look what happened to the nice writer and his wife when they let Alex in....

Comment

That passage was based on an incident that the novel writer, Anthony Burgess survived.
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                    X