This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet! Got a job offer!

It's a bit farther than I wanted to drive (by probably 5 miles or so, but that's not too bad), about twice as far as I currently do (but in the other direction). I'm a wee bit concerned about traffic, though. Especially considering that the freeway it's off of is usually pretty congested in the AM/PM.

But it's a 35.4% increase (or thereabouts) over my current salary.

I'll also get to do more design and development (software), and I'll get to use newer techniques and technologies.

I haven't told my employer yet, because I just got the offer yesterday and they wanted me to talk it over with my family.

I'm heavily leaning toward taking it.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

This sounds good to me. Other than the commute, what's the downside?
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post

This sounds good to me. Other than the commute, what's the downside?
      Well, they did tell me that I may have to work late occasionally. This is something I really, really don't like to do. It's not out of laziness, it's because I value my family time and my "personal" time. I also have school work, as well.

I probably am going to take it (I'm about 80-85% sure at this point). I just hate the whole dynamic of turning in a resignation letter, and that whole process.
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
      X