Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Game] [OOC] Into the Black (Firefly-verse)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to join, but I'm having a little difficulty finding who's what, and what's needed, and where I might be able to fit

Comment

We have major roles (Pilot, Medic, Captain, Mechanic) covered, so knock yourself out with whatever you want.

We have a gun arm as well. No on is officially the first mate yet.

As I usually say, do what will be fun for you.

Comment

oh geez... I SO wanna be the Dirty Harry/Man With No Name/Jayne type...
        but then again, we need a "Preacher" type...

Comment

We don't "Need" anything.

Again, do what you want, not what you think we need.

In fact, the less we copy the crew of the original show the better

Comment

Quoth Tyg3rW01f View Post
            oh geez... I SO wanna be the Dirty Harry/Man With No Name/Jayne type...
            but then again, we need a "Preacher" type...
            perhaps if I did the "Preacher" from Clint Eastwood's "Man With No Name" finale, Pale Rider, and tossed in a touch of Dirty Harry or even Jayne for good measure...

Comment

I'm loving that more people are showing interest, I just wish you all had gotten here earlier! Rowan looks great, looking forward to seeing what Tyg3rW01f comes up with. So Jay, we got room for 2 more?

Comment

Name: Aidan "Wolf" McCuan ((Mc-Koo-an)) (and yes, think the pic)
                Homeworld: Loch Dubh (pronounced "dewh"), New Highland
                Possible Crew Roles: short-fused temper par excellence, Hacker, and blade-fighter

Description:
                Aidan "Wolf" McCuan stands 6', and is a rather amazingly nimble, rawboned 145 lbs. At 28 years old, he's fond of Drizabone coats, fedoras, and good bar brawls. "Wolf" constantly sports a two-day beard and a "go ahead; make my day" scowl. He wears rough-and-tumble long-sleeve shirts, denim pants and combat boots.

Backstory:
                Aidan McCuan was born to a city official and a medical examiner on New Highland, a planet which enjoys its share of technology as it is an Alliance world. Settled by predominantly Scots, Scotch-Irish, Welsh, and other Celtic-descended peoples, New Highland is the Northern Ireland of the 'Verse in the fact its citizens consider it "forcibly occupied".
                With his parents' positions and privilege, Aidan was enrolled in good schools. He was mediocre in school, but was well-known as a good mate in a pub. Restless with the fact New Highland was not the free world it wished to be, Aidan thought he'd become a journalist; instead, he was rejected by the New Highland media.
                Then, the Unification War broke out, and broke out BIG TIME on New Highland. Bombings, street shootings, internment camps, etc., were and still somewhat are commonplace. Aidan managed to avoid conscription, internment and volunteering, instead moving into computers and information, feeding such to the Browncoats on the rare occasion he could make contact with a local group. While never officially a Browncoat, the Alliance labeled him as such, calling him "a wolf in sheep's clothing" and the name stuck.
                Aidan learned how to knife-fight in the back alleys and bars during his secondary and higher education years. His grandfather taught him how to shoot, even though Aidan rarely uses firearms.
                Before signing on with the crew, Aidan "Wolf" McCuan was a free-lance watchdog journalist and hacker-for-hire.

Five Facts:
                1. Aidan dislikes sand.
                2. Carries a pistol.
                3. Has a picture of "his girl", Brenna, in a frame in his room.
                4. Lots of good beer, a good four-alarm bar brawl, and a raging hangover… Yup, an evening well spent. Now where's the headache powder?
                5. "Wolf" is similar to the Tom Selleck character Matthew Quigley, as when it comes to pistols or long-arms, Wolf states, "I've never had much use for 'em. Mind you, that doesn't mean I don't know how to use 'em."

Fact #6.
                Aidan smokes either a cigar or a pipe... when he's relaxing, or on those occasions he simply bloody well feels like smoking!
                Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 11-10-2013, 06:12 AM. Reason: changed pistol link

Comment

Quoth Exile View Post
                  I'm loving that more people are showing interest, I just wish you all had gotten here earlier! Rowan looks great, looking forward to seeing what Tyg3rW01f comes up with. So Jay, we got room for 2 more?
                  I'd have been here sooner had I not had a Trunk -r-Treat event followed by the pizza delivery night from

Comment

if you guys like, I can start by getting Lizzie out of trouble...

Comment

What makes you think Lizzie's in trouble?

I wasn't even intending for Lizzie to get lost. I was actually listening to what Exile said and only meant for her to lag behind a little. But then I ran with what Exile posted.

Also, as an aside, I expected both Exile and Cook to be a bit more observant. Lizzie's not wearing a red dress today.
                      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                      -Mira Furlan

Comment

added a sixth fact... HOPEFULLY somebody in the crew will find it a warm memory of relatives passed.
                        and if y'all don't want him carrying a "modern" Callahan Model 29 "Dirty Harry", I can always have him carry a Man With No Name Special...
                        Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 10-27-2013, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Apologies on my absence the last couple of days. Fridays and Saturdays are my weekends, when I'm usually not on CS.com.

Also fair warning in advance, sometime in the next week or so, I will likely be gone for a day or two, as my grandfather passed away last night, and I will be attending the funeral and whatnot.

Tyger, Ellaine, welcome aboard. We now have a healthy assortment of fighting types (handy, given where I intend to take the plot) and they all like their knives. Mando, Rowan, and Wolf are probably going to get along just fine.

Expect an IC post shortly.

ETA: Rowan and Wolf are already members of the crew at this point, I'll be asking some follow-up background-type questions soon, as I did for the others. In the meantime, assume that one or both of them went to do some shopping or whatever of their own when the rest of the crew set out, and let me know where they are in Haller Landing.
                          Last edited by Jay 2K Winger; 10-27-2013, 05:59 PM.
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
                            I wasn't even intending for Lizzie to get lost. I was actually listening to what Exile said and only meant for her to lag behind a little. But then I ran with what Exile posted.
                            I was just wanting to see where things went, plus I know from experience how easy it is to lose someone in such markets.

Quoth Ghel View Post
                            Also, as an aside, I expected both Exile and Cook to be a bit more observant. Lizzie's not wearing a red dress today.
                            As to that, I'm going to blame having had a busy transitional week out of character and jet-lag after several days in the black in character.

Comment

Quoth Exile View Post
                              As to that, I'm going to blame having had a busy transitional week out of character and jet-lag after several days in the black in character.
                              No worries. I was just having a little fun with you.
                              "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                              -Mira Furlan

Comment

So I was looking it over and it would seem we have three gunhands and no first mate. I think someone needs a retcon-promotion. Sarlon, Chanlin, Ghel; any input? Or do you want to decide Jay? Personally I'm not sure yet. Wolf has gotten more time to shine, but I don't want to play favorites due to my own cultural preferences either.

Comment

Working...
                                X